Show us your Free Pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
FWB_700_Alu

Re: Show us your Free Pistol

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

You Sir gave me an idea!
Attachments
IMG_3246sm.jpg
FWB_700_Alu

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

For those of you that are interested, I have a picture of my FP before the design I put on it. This was taken in my Photostudio.
Attachments
KIS_3747.JPG
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Yaah.. what actually caught my attention in that photo is that peculiar attachment under the frontsight-assembly of that CM 84 "Gretchen" is holding in her hand. Is it a counterweight, or a compact lasersight? The high heels of "Gretchen" are probably not beneficial to FP scores.
FWB_700_Alu

Post by FWB_700_Alu »

It is a sender for my SCATT system. Below that is a pair of High Heels.....
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Your post is a kind of "Great classic post" of this forum. Intriguing, and encouraging. Encouraging in the way to get ones girfriend/wife interested in firearms sport.
UnGe

Post by UnGe »

Drooling over https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902148465 ....
[not mine, but looks soooooo nice]
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

UnGe wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:19 pm Drooling over https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902148465 ....
[not mine, but looks soooooo nice]
Bid on it. I bought one the same way. They are brand new.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Interesting to see that the blank grip is numbered to the gun.

Bob
Azmodan

Post by Azmodan »

made a short presentation for the freepistol event: https://youtu.be/LqhZMBydXyk

mainly as an introduction for newbies
Airpistol: Feinwerkbau 100 / Feinwerkbau P8X
STP: Walther GSP 22
CFP: Walther GSP 32
Freepistol: TOZ-35
PPC: CZ Shadow 2
PCC: Nova Modul CTS9
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Are we slowly missing posts from Mr. "W" in this thread so far? Just my asking. No pun intended.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Azmodan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:28 pm made a short presentation for the freepistol event: https://youtu.be/LqhZMBydXyk

Very nice video Azmodan. Great introduction to the discipline but a sad reflection on its decline. It should not be allowed to die but I’m afraid it will, except perhaps at club level anywhere it is exercised by only a handful of gradually ageing adherents. Very sad…

Bob

PS. I finally bought my long sought after TOZ-35M but as we are currently locked down in Sydney, I’m unable to use it in anger. Only dry firing in the garage is possible.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

72E07FF2-5073-4982-8DF5-C7C0612440A8.jpeg
6string

Post by 6string »

BobGee wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:55 pm
Azmodan wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:28 pm made a short presentation for the freepistol event: https://youtu.be/LqhZMBydXyk

Very nice video Azmodan. Great introduction to the discipline but a sad reflection on its decline. It should not be allowed to die but I’m afraid it will, except perhaps at club level anywhere it is exercised by only a handful of gradually ageing adherents. Very sad…

Bob

PS. I finally bought my long sought after TOZ-35M but as we are currently locked down in Sydney, I’m unable to use it in anger. Only dry firing in the garage is possible.
Take heart! Read up on the history of the Schuetzen rifle and it's modern day renaissance. Free pistol may yet experience a similar resurgence, free of the baggage of the "global gameshow" known as the Olympics.

Jim
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Thanks Jim, here's hoping.

Bob
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Just noticed dam8's fore-end. Very inventive recycling.

Bob
VonKasta

Post by VonKasta »

Toz35 on morini grip and MU2-3 on original lefty thump hole grip. The latter being most fun to shoot but the loading sequence is easier on the toz, plus if it were to break there are actually parts to source.
Also the MU grip is on the large side for me and I dont really want to alter it, so I mainly shoot it for fun and bring it as backup for competition. The craftmanship is leaps ahead of the toz tho, the finish of the metal work is stunning.
Attachments
D0BE1E51-28A4-4DED-ADF4-76C715A3D9E3.jpeg
B0AEBF41-1628-473E-9799-75DEE9CD5F81.jpeg
50C8BC37-4E3A-4742-93A7-153EDF9EF56A.jpeg
10m: Steyr Lp1
25m: Morini CM22RF
CF: Benelli MP90s 32WC
50m: Toz35/Vostok mu 2-3
K38

Post by K38 »

The pistol with the violin scroll complete with pegs in this thread makes me happier than a clam at high tide!! I have played viola and violin and collected a few instruments for a long time. (Diploma Interlochen Arts Academy 1978, B.Mus. Ithaca College 1982) my inspiration was actually a ‘cello professor and lover of all things musical and mechanical who was a student of the titanic Russian-American cellist Gregor Piatagorski. Dr. Miller taught me all sorts of things many of the best had nothing to do with music. He loved shooting and optics. He ground his own telescope mirrors and lenses. He also owned a magnificent 1703 Matteo Goffriller ‘Cello that was in almost pristine condition. In the present day it would probably sell for into seven figures. Thanks for reminding me of my youth and a dear mentor.

DLB
K38

Post by K38 »

[img][img]
IMG_0445.jpeg
This is my TOZ 35M I adapted the Rink fore end to lower the weight.

I should have everyone beat me with a large stick the way I shot today however. A giant waste of good ammunition.

DLB
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Welcome to the wonderful world of free pistol.

A friend of mine was describing the shot process for free pistol to some new comers who had never seen the sport before. Most of the steps were pretty conventional, except towards the end after the shot was fired. They were:

Realign your sights
Lower the pistol
Look through your scope
Shake your head in disappointment

Reload & start over again...
K38

Post by K38 »

I am starting to shoot after a
Long layoff. I shoot at a very nice indoor range. The folks there are very helpful and welcoming even to old wack jobs like me with weird Russian pistols. The biggest problem I have is lighting and seeing my sights. I’m just fine outside or even in my kitchen but the range lighting is just diabolical. I am using pistol glasses with an iris and that helps but I still need to do more homework. I do have a different pistol on the way. A Matchguns MG5 mechanical. A Morini CM 84e might have been a better choice but it’s nearly twice the price now. Truthfully I’m not sure any gun will make that much difference. We will see. In my case I give the gun about 15% as long as there
Isn’t anything huge wrong with it and my general lack of skill and general lack of practice the lions share of those shots in the white.

DLB