WTB IZH-35M LH

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Gary Martens

WTB IZH-35M LH

Post by Gary Martens »

A friend of mine is looking to purchase an IZH-35M left-handed model. Does anyone have one that they are wanting to sell or knows of someone that wants to part with this pistol? Being left handed may cause a problem. Who has grips for this model? TIA
gwmartens-at-sigecom.net.41891.0
Rodm

Re: WTB IZH-35M LH

Post by Rodm »

: A friend of mine is looking to purchase an IZH-35M left-handed model. Does anyone have one that they are wanting to sell or knows of someone that wants to part with this pistol? Being left handed may cause a problem. Who has grips for this model? TIA

Try Arnie Vitarbo grips. Someone else is making them now but they are making grips for the Izy's You can get them through Niel Johnson Gunsmithing if not direct.
ramadsen-at-iname.com.41898.41891
Art

Re: Walther KSP Left Hand grip

Post by Art »

The Walther KSP left hand grip will work with the IZH35M but you also have to convert the magazine release to the KSP type (bottom lever rather than side button) due to the KSP grips being one piece.
One other note the trigger is canted for right handed shooters on both the IZH35M and the KSP, go figure!

bluewatertoller-at-netscape.net.41907.41891
Jay V

Re: WTB IZH-35M LH

Post by Jay V »

: A friend of mine is looking to purchase an IZH-35M left-handed model. Does anyone have one that they are wanting to sell or knows of someone that wants to part with this pistol? Being left handed may cause a problem. Who has grips for this model? TIA

They do not make a LH IZH-35M, but you can convert one to LH with a few items. As recommended, the Walther LH grips are a good way to go. Morini also makes LH grips for the IZH (actually the IJ-35M - the IZH was made for the US market). Best place to get the grips is I.S.S. (877)595-2090. They are about $100 for the Walthers and roughly $200 for the Morini. The Morini is cut a bit better for larger hands, and has more adjustability, the Walther is better for smaller hands. The Walther is a 1-piece grip.
To use these grips you must change the side-mounted mag release to the IJ-style bottom release by using the DJ Precision IZH bottom magazine release. Look at http://user.mc.net/~drweber/ under IZH accessories (if you email them and don't get a reply, it's because they are still at Perry).
The bottom mag release is also a big help if you are putting a set of RH grips on the gun, otherwise you need to mark and drill a hole for the mag release button - which is a real pain.

Jay

jverg-at-att.net.42013.41891