light pellet test redone

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Rover

light pellet test redone

Post by Rover »

Some of you saw the original test where I was testing light pistol pellets against each other. Because of this:

viewtopic.php?t=22415

I did this:

viewtopic.php?t=22499

I have done the tests over, this time using a Morini 162IE instead of the Pardini K60. As before they were shot at 30 feet with the gun in a vise, on Edelman targets, and the groups measured with a magnifying glass and a dial caliper. You must subtract .177 from the group sizes for traditional center to center group size. These were 30 shot groups to help keep it honest.

I added a cople of heavy pellets to the test for the hell of it.

The listing is in order of increasing group size.

#1 JSP Pistol (Green)........... .288, again the smallest
#2 RWS R10 Light................ .305 much better than previous
#3 RWS Basic...................... .312 great for the cheapest pellet
#4 Vogel Heavy................... .328
#5 Meisterkugeln Heavy....... .352
#6 RWS Hobby.................... .365
#7 Meisterkugeln Light......... .390

You can see that this is excellent accuracy from every pellet. The groups were nice and round.

The accuracy was nicer than that of the Pardini, so I went back and retested some of the pellets with the K60 with the power screw backed out 5/8th turn to lower the velocity. There was an immediate and noticable reduction in group sizes with every pellet. I may continue to play with this.

Overall the pellet ranking stayed about the same with the exception of the R10's, which greatly improved in the Morini.

I shot 136 shots before the low pressure lockout kicked in. The accuracy of the last 15 shots was very poor, so I changed cylinders and started that pellet test over.

With the accuracy this pistol put forth, I'm sure any of the pellets would be fully satisfactory as a match pellet, but I wouldn't have known without the tests.

Go do your own!!!
julioalperi

Your test

Post by julioalperi »

Thanks a lot Rover.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Gracias por el cumplido.

Tuve un buen momento en su hermoso país, aunque no hablo catalán.

Me encantó la comida, también.