No budget constraints

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dontshootcritters

No budget constraints

Post by dontshootcritters »

So...if there was NO budget constraints and you were shopping for a new air pistol what would be in the shopping basket..?
seamaster

Re: No budget constraints

Post by seamaster »

FWB 102 or 103 in excellent condition
AManWearingAHat

Post by AManWearingAHat »

Steyr Evo10E
emre-nur

Post by emre-nur »

FWB X8
Dcforman

Post by Dcforman »

My guess is you're going to get a bunch of different answers. Once you get up to the $2000+ range, all the options are "good". It really boils down to personal preference. I was fortunate enough to be in a position to purchase a "no budget" air pistol last year. I have enough powder burning projects, so really just wanted something new and reliable that would allow me to focus on actually shooting. I did not have an opportunity to try several options, or purchase in person. But I assumed that like other pistols, you'll generally learn to love what you have, as long as it's high quality. I ended up with a Morini CM200. Couldn't be happier.

Dave
robjob

Post by robjob »

Walther lp500...
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Like Dcforman, I’ve not had the opportunity to really try out the different high-end models. I have a FWB P44 which I am very happy with, especially after an overhaul - it was build in 2007 (according to the cylinder dates) but really shows no signs of wear. I treated it to a fat Rink grip which feels better than the thinner original.

I rather suspect that the differences in pistols are only really of significance at the elite level - which, I hasten to add, I am not.

Bob
spektr

Post by spektr »

I have been collecting air pistols of late.

if no budget, this one....

euro grip angle and all

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detai ... -of-vienna
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

If there's no limit at all, and wifey won't be furious with your purchase, then whatever your heart desires...
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

dontshootcritters wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:42 pm So...if there was NO budget constraints and you were shopping for a new air pistol what would be in the shopping basket..?
It depends on what you want from it. If you have serious Olympic asperations and are willing to put in the work, all of the top tier pistols will shoot world record scores if you can. HOWEVER, the ergonomics of each pistol is slightly different (weight, balance, moment of inertia, trigger geometry, trigger feel, etc.), and some of those parameters are adjustable within certain limits.

Every shooter will have different preferences for the features and adjustments that allow THEM to achieve their best performance. You should try as many of the top tier options as you can to find one that suits YOU. Then I would take it to one of the custom grip gurus, and get a really good grip made for it.

It's like buying a custom tailored suit; asking somebody else what size to get is meaningless. If you are a new shooter, and haven't identified any preferences for a lot of the options, you should save your money until you can pick up a pistol, dry fire it a few times, and with confidence say "hmm, this feels really good," or "Something isn't quite right for me."
william

Post by william »

kevinweiho wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:14 pm If there's no limit at all, and wifey won't be furious with your purchase, then whatever your heart desires...
OH NOS!!!!
Scream3.jpg
Does that mean that another
"I like X...."
"No, I like Y...."
"But I like Z better...."
"You're crazy. Q is the best...."
"I don't care what you say. I STILL like X...."
"Mom always did like you more...."
thread is about as useful as the dozens (or is it hundreds) that have preceded it?
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

william wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:33 pm Mom always did like you more...
"W" wrote: ... assumptions mostly expressing little ...
dulcmr-man

Post by dulcmr-man »

northpaw wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:37 pm
william wrote: Mom always did like you more...
"W" wrote: ... assumptions mostly expressing little ...
Geez!!! Give it a rest, please.

Dennis, aka Dulcmrman
tray999

Post by tray999 »

I purchased the Pardini K12 last month. Reason is I already own two other Pardini's (SP and HP) and I have had great results with those two pistols. The trigger and grip on the K12 is similar to the other pistols so it felt very familiar to me, so it was easy to setup to my liking. The pistol is great and my scores are improving each week. Very happy with my purchase!
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

william wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:33 pm
kevinweiho wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:14 pm If there's no limit at all, and wifey won't be furious with your purchase, then whatever your heart desires...
OH NOS!!!!
Scream3.jpg
Does that mean that another
"I like X...."
"No, I like Y...."
"But I like Z better...."
"You're crazy. Q is the best...."
"I don't care what you say. I STILL like X...."
"Mom always did like you more...."
thread is about as useful as the dozens (or is it hundreds) that have preceded it?
Who’s buying the pistol, YOU or the OP??? Is it an electronic trigger that fancies him, an ergonomic grip, or a proven track record that is the most important? Pistols are similar to cars, some like sedans, others prefer 4x4’s… All the brands and models have their own unique quirks and features. That’s the reason why I said whatever one’s heart desires…unless if the OP opens up and tells us what he’s looking for in a first tier air pistol…
Rover

Post by Rover »

Seamaster got it right. All the rest is BS!
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Rover wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:29 pm Seamaster got it right. All the rest is BS!
Well,agree, some is BS, and porbably ment to be just BS..
Some posts are: assumptions mostly expressing little.. just slips of the tongue, or slips of the mind?
Like that "scream" poster...
What´s up next? Some pieces of art created by Michelangelo?
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

seamaster wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:32 am FWB 102 or 103 in excellent condition
Nice guns, some effort cocking them in the long run, but I have some experience with them from use at my summer-holiday-cabin during former years. Away from compressors and diving bottles these guns are in their own right. As accurate as any PCP air match pistol, I believe. Pellet velocity a bit low relative to most PCP pistols. But that does not matter much at 33 feet, does it?
william

Post by william »

"As accurate as any PCP air match pistol, I believe. Pellet velocity a bit low relative to most PCP pistols. But that does not matter much at 33 feet, does it?"

Does it matter more or less than a 200 microsecond difference in barrel time?
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

william wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:45 pmDoes it matter more or less than a 200 microsecond difference in barrel time?
If you’re one of the big dogs and you’re head to head for first and second place in the finals of the olympic games, then yes, a 200 microsecond difference in barrel time can cost you a decimal point, leaving you to take home the silver instead of gold…