New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
j-team

Re: New Morini Air Pistol - CM200 EI

Post by j-team »

deadeyedick wrote: Have you had a look at the p8x.....very Gaudi...ish.
I though P8x looks like it is designed by someone who has just learned CAD/CAM and is trying all the functions!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

Ha ha...definitely abstract in design and an acquired taste ( which I thankfully acquired very quickly ) and definitely not for traditionalists.

However looking beyond the unique design reveals a magnificent Air Pistol with a trigger to die for with a little of the Anton Gaudi Sagrada Familia “difference” in its appearance.

If Cesaere Morini was still at Morini the new CM200EI would have been a far more ingenious and aesthetically different upgrade. Having said that I really like the looks and would consider owning one.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

django wrote:Poor customer care. I email them asking howto reset my162 el electronic trigger and its been 2 week they dont answer.
Maybe Morini has copied from Pardini the encouraging habit of ignoring customer requests?
Rover

Post by Rover »

I've been to "Sagrada Familia". It STILL ain't finished.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Have visited "The sacred family" in Barcelona, visited "Parc Güell" too.
The "Family of Towers" wont`t be finished for a long time; (an earth tremor may tumble it over before it`s finished.)
j-team

Post by j-team »

Rover wrote:I've been to "Sagrada Familia". It STILL ain't finished.
Went there is 1998, went up as far as you were allowed and even then it was amazing. Here's what it will look like when (if) finished:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcDmloG3tXU
Timberwerks

Post by Timberwerks »

For those interested there are some different views of the pistol shown here, clickable to large images: http://ibergrips.com/producto/morini-cm200-ei/
400driver

Post by 400driver »

I suspect that’s my actual gun that will be in my hands this week ! He said he was given 2 by Morini .
Can’t wait
Timberwerks

Post by Timberwerks »

400driver wrote:I suspect that’s my actual gun that will be in my hands this week ! He said he was given 2 by Morini .
Can’t wait

Nice, keep me posted! Looks like the trigger guard is metal and you get two cylinders. Interested to know how battery / electronics cover is attached.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

As soon as I get it in my hands ....will post details .
Coolmeester

Post by Coolmeester »

The trigger guard is plastic. Battery cover is just push/pull. To open it you have to use screwdriver for example to pop it out. Two cylinders.
Center-fire pistol
Standard pistol
Rapid fire pistol
Free pistol
Air pistol
400driver

Post by 400driver »

It has arrived. No time to test today so details to follow.
Attachments
CM200EI
CM200EI
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Managed to get about 20 shots on it before my credit with the wife ran out! First impressions;
The grip is quite big for an M , I have M on my Steyr and have always ordered M size. This one is just about ok on the highest setting but perhaps I need to look at the next size down.

The cocking lever has a very nice feel to it and you can feel a definite engagement as you close the lever, it feels very different to my LP10.
The trigger is carbon and seems a copy of the MEC Putter. It only adjustable fore and aft .
The grip wood is nowhere near as nice as the one shown in the catalogue. The Steyr grip seems nicer quality( Made in Spain by Ibergrips for Steyr!)

The shot impulse feels very solid , a bit more recoil than the Steyr due lack of stabiliser and the sights seem to settle quickly--personal impression!
Dialed the sights in and finished with 3x10 and decided to call it a night.
I realise that all guns have a honeymoon period in which scores rise and then return to pretty much previous levels..Only time will tell!

Trigger feels great but I have not adjusted it or looked at the weight of the stages.
Have not taken off the grip to adjust the way it sits as straight from the box it sat well.

I have had the LP10, EVO, Morini 162 with me for the last few months and they are all incredibly nice to shoot. This one seems to be promising and I need to play with the training cable to really get the best from it.
Mark
Attachments
20180608_205516-600x1234.jpg
20180608_205502-768x1580.jpg
20180608_205943-490x1008.jpg
Timberwerks

Post by Timberwerks »

Thanks for the update!
xman1981

Post by xman1981 »

@400driver, have you noticed that the cocking lever goes up while shooting, this disadvantage was noticed during WC Munich...
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Not on mine in the 20 shots I executed! Will look again .
400driver

Post by 400driver »

100 shot update!
OK..this hurts to say having just sold my LP10 to a friend but..in my opinion the Steyr just seems better made than the Morini. It is my fault for buying without seeing one in the flesh but there are a few things that have really left me feeling a bit flat.

1) In the brochure the gold trigger seems to be a MEC Putter which has a great feel. The carbon trigger that came with mine is nice but not quite as comfortable as the MEC. I thought I would just swap mine out with my MEC but the rail on the Morini is wider and they are not compatible with each other.
There is only adjustment fore and aft on the trigger unlike my old LP10 which had a few options in terms of trigger placement.

2) The grip as I commented on in a previous post is nothing like the beautiful one shown in the brochure, it is lack lustre and feels pretty cheap in comparison the the Steyr's and Pardini's that I own.I know this is only a complaint about the cosmetic appearance but the price premium of the CM200 over the LP10 EVO should necessitate a somewhat nicer look, i,e the grip in the advert!

Before you order be sure to check using dimension, which grip you actually need. I have contacted the seller and an S size grip is on the way. At the maximum adjustment to make it smaller , I am about 4 mm away from being comfortably supported by the palm shelf. I just hope that the S is a better fit. I have had grips from Rink and Nills for other target guns and have always had an M size.

On the plus side:
The trigger does feel fantastic and I have yet to check the weight as it comes adjusted to ' ISSF' standards according to the manual which is not a manual but two sheets of paper with some adjustment information.
I have not yet removed the grip to adjust the alignment screws for the pistol nor have I played with the training cable.

I spent 30 minutes dry firing the Morini tonight and am trying to settle into how it feels plus the 100 or so live shots. My previous average with the LP10 was 93 with peaks at 98 and troughs of 88 during practice. So far today I hovered around 91 with a smattering of 8's. I have had 2 weeks without AP training so I cant be sure where the fault lies as I have been shooting 9mm exclusively.

Its a great looking gun with all carbon fibre and I am sure I will grow to love it as much as I did my Steyr!
Only time will tell.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

I really, REALLY appreciate your updated on the Morini. I also would have expected the air pistol to be "better looking" and have at least the same levels of adjustability of the Steyr since it costs more.

Chip
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

As I had mentioned earlier, if the real Mr. Morini was still at Morini the pistol would have been a different animal...however once Cesare left the building the design and innovation left with him.

I am amazed that there have been nearly 6700 views and 172 posts over a cosmetic update that wrapped the barrel in carbon fibre and changed the colour from red and blue to orange and gold.
400driver

Post by 400driver »

Having them side by side in your hands you just get the feeling that the Steyr is just an incredible piece of engineering art and the Morini just doesnt give you that feeling.

Yes they both from a vice will put shot on shot and the Swiss is decked out in carbon but it just reminds me of those cars you pull up to at the traffic lights that are basic but decked out with add on bells and wistles , underneath they are still pretty basic !

I hope anyone interested in the 200 will go look at one in person before ordering one. Yes you will like it, but will you love it?