Bob Foth Pairs Clinic --- Never miss a chance

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

Bob Foth Pairs Clinic --- Never miss a chance

Post by jhmartin »

If you ever have a chance to attend a Bob Foth Pairs Clinic ... it's well worth the money.

As a brand new beginning coach I was exhausted after this clinic. I've never absorbed so much info in a short amount of time.

1) Bob is motivational for the shooters
2) Bob spends a lot of time discussing for the coaches what to look for in the shooters positions
3) ALWAYS a positive attitude. I've taught professional seminars, and it was very interesting to observe his teaching style. ALWAYS a positive bent on everything. Made it easy to want to learn more.
4) On the last day he told the story of his career, and then let the shooters handle and heft his silver medal. VERY motivational for the shooters, especially when he frimly states to them they can have one of these or better too ... if the're willing to put in the effort
5) The Final and GUTS matches on the last day are a perfect end to the shooting

Keep an eye out for one of these, and go!

(Now I get to brag)
I took my 12 year old daughter ... she had only learned the operation of the rifle and shot about 20 shots from a bench before we went.

This clinic was filled with mostly JROTC shooters from the local high schools ... 12 Precision and 12 Sporter shooters .... Kate placed 5th in the Sporter final ... BIG grin on her face.

(Thanks Jay for encouraging me to attend this!)
TWP

Post by TWP »

Thanks for the report.

We've been thinking about bringing Bob out for a clinic. Trying to work out the location and other logistics issues.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Two points...

1) Best money you'll ever spend

2) Bob really wants pairs (shooter-coach). This clinic is as much for the coach as the shooter. As the shooter gets into the positions, Bob begins teaching the coaches what to look for .... and also why. He'll give you the reasons for any changes ... and again why the shooter may want to make the changes.
TWP

Post by TWP »

jhmartin wrote: 2) Bob really wants pairs (shooter-coach). This clinic is as much for the coach as the shooter. As the shooter gets into the positions, Bob begins teaching the coaches what to look for .... and also why. He'll give you the reasons for any changes ... and again why the shooter may want to make the changes.
We are very fortunate, In most cases the kids in our club have a parent that has taken the NRA appointed coaches class.

The problem is finding a venue large enough for the 8 shooters and coaches to work. Our range isn't big enough for that.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

The sponsor of the clinic, Maj Bill Barker, the OIC of the MCJROTC program "borrowed" a basketball court at a mid school.

We were able to set up 24 firing points using the Lujan type target traps borrowed from the American Legion post.

If there is a public school teacher in your group, maybethey could make a contact for a school gym for 2-1/2 days.