To go to the Olympic trials in May, do I have to have

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Chris

To go to the Olympic trials in May, do I have to have

Post by Chris »

gone to the Fall trials? If I have a PTO listed with the USAS thats at or above the MQS (I'm talking 10m men's air pistol here), is that enough to apply for the trials? Or is it only open to people who competed in the fall trials?
JP O'Connor

Competition Is Open

Post by JP O'Connor »

: gone to the Fall trials? If I have a PTO listed with the USAS thats at or above the MQS (I'm talking 10m men's air pistol here), is that enough to apply for the trials? Or is it only open to people who competed in the fall trials?
---
It appears that PTO or other competition experience is all that is required, as is typically the case with all USAS national competitions... along with your completed entry form and payment.
You will not be competing for an Olympic slot, obviously, but you will have the opportunity to compete with others who enjoy the sport... and be among the first to know who makes the Olympic team!
Go to the link below and download the program and schedule for complete details.

jpoc-at-acm.org.48419.48406
Chris

Re: Competition Is Open

Post by Chris »

But if (pie in the sky I know) I get accepted and have a PTO score that's higher than the minimun qualifying score, wouldn't I be competing in the Olympic trials?
: You will not be competing for an Olympic slot, obviously,
JP O'Connor

Re: Competition Is Open

Post by JP O'Connor »

: But if (pie in the sky I know) I get accepted and have a PTO score that's higher than the minimun qualifying score, wouldn't I be competing in the Olympic trials?
: : You will not be competing for an Olympic slot, obviously,
---
You will be competing in the second half only, and will not have competed in the *complete* Olympic Trials.
Of course, you will be competing "in" the "Final Olympic Trials"!

jpoc-at-acm.org.48425.48421