steyr lp1

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Rik

steyr lp1

Post by Rik »

Could anybody tell me the main differences between the old model and the late model of the lp1.I'm thinking of buying a second hand lp1 (i'd prefer the lp10 but money dictates)so would like to know what to look out for when buying.
Cheers in advance.
Rik.
Mark.

Re: steyr lp1

Post by Mark. »

Rik - take a look at my response to your question on Targetshooting.ca.

Mark.

fred

Post by fred »

Mark's response in not quite correct. The VERY early LP-1 has a completely different trigger, which Steyr changed to the present design probably around 1991, if I remember correctly. In any case, I would also disagree (from personal preference - not as a matter of fact) that the LP-1 precharged is comparable to the LP-10 precharged (or probably the LP-2 as well). I switched my LP-1 from CO2 to PCP and found the firing behavior and muzzle jump very unsatisfactory. So I switched back to CO2, and actually seem to prefer my LP-1/CO2 to my new LP-10/PCP in a lot of ways (even though the LP-10 doesn't move at all when fired!).

: Could anybody tell me the main differences between the old model and the late model of the lp1.I'm thinking of buying a second hand lp1 (i'd prefer the lp10 but money dictates)so would like to know what to look out for when buying.
: Cheers in advance.
: Rik.

frbauer-at-msn.com.48343.48331
Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Agreed - the very earliest LP1 sported a different trigger. There are so few of these guns around that I didn't even think to mention them.
As for the muzzle jump, I've fired my Co2 guns and a friends PCP version and found little difference. Because the PCP is slightly faster to build pressure it generally will produce a higher velocity with the same setting of the velocity adjustment screw. The individual from whom I borrowed the gun indicated that a reduction in velocity was required in order to make it perform as smoothly as in its Co2 days.
The Co2 gun is a very smooth-shooting pistol, and that cloud of gas coming out of the compensator ports really lets you know if your eye is focused on the front sight or not.
As for comparison with the LP-10, I'm still trying to make my LP-10 shoot as well as my Co2 LP-1. Recoilless action is great on the LP10, but its trigger leaves much to be desired...

Mark.