My low budget range

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Len

My low budget range

Post by Len »

Using the input from those that have responded here's what's going on.
Present:
Targets:
I'm using Ian Pellants software to make targets that are scaled to 30 feet. Target ring diameter of n x .909. I am printing a master and then photocypying the master. The process of photocopying seems to make the paper a bit more brittle and hence the holes are a little cleaner. 5 shots per target is the most you can really do and still see the holes.
Trap:
I am using a large USPS shipping box stuffed with the ATF state laws and ord book from prior years and some thin phone books. This seems to be good for about, well 3000 rounds plus so far.
Scope:
I bought a very cheap Meade land based telecope. It has a 60mm objective and seems to be at 40-50x. I was using a nightforce scope at 40x but that thing was too expensive to lay around. The meade telescope was onsale for $39 at Ritz camera. It's nice because it has a 45 angle eypiece and sitting on the dryer, I can look right into it with a twist of my head. It's a 60az-t. With the doubler you can see lots of detail at 50m (just was testing it) and it came with a tripod.
Pellets:
Nygord pellets, I have about 12K left.
Gun:
IZH-46, I have other options but this is doing well to get my NRA classifications.
Future:
I ordered 5000 target from Canada (something like $23 per 1000 NAFTA eligible).
Trap
I ordered the Gehmann target boxes (air rifle and air pistol) they were about $16 per. I don't really have the space to run the string for the range and leave it up so walking is fine for now.
Scope:
I have a couple to chose from so who knows..
Pellets:
Nygord pellets, maybe I'll burn up some R10 blues.
Gun:
Probably the FWB 34 but maybe the 103. The IZH is doing well so far. I may move to a B96 as a minor step up.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Curt I

Re: Meade Scope

Post by Curt I »

I just took a look at the Ritz Camera home page and at the Meade section and didn't find the scope you described.
Could you supply the model of the scope or a link to help find it.
Thanks, Curt
gunsmoke-at-toast.net.48296.48294
bill

Re: My low budget range / Meade scope

Post by bill »

: Scope:
: I bought a very cheap Meade land based telecope. It has a 60mm objective and seems to be at 40-50x. I was using a nightforce scope at 40x but that thing was too expensive to lay around. The meade telescope was onsale for $39 at Ritz camera. It's nice because it has a 45 angle eypiece and sitting on the dryer, I can look right into it with a twist of my head. It's a 60az-t. With the doubler you can see lots of detail at 50m (just was testing it) and it came with a tripod.
Hi Len,
I am interested in the Meade scope you purchased at Ritz, can you share any more info on it, I can't find anything of that sort on the Ritz site...
Have A GREAT One
Bill

Len

Re: Meade Scope

Post by Len »

It's a model 60AZ-T 60 (mm (2.4") Aperature; Focal Length: 350mm;f/5.8.
It comes with a case, 2 eyepieces, and a 2x barlow (which I don't use).

It was in the store in a "pile" like styled telescopes as they are not going to carry telescopes anymore, they are on blowout prices.
The downside, the thing adjusts using something that looks like remote control car wheels.