Torque settings for Anschutz 2002CA

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

TJ

Torque settings for Anschutz 2002CA

Post by TJ »

Does anyone have, or know where I can find, the torque settings for the Anschutz 2002CA bolts?
Thanks all!
shootingsports-at-ev1.net.48240.0
pdeal

Re: Torque settings for Anschutz 2002CA

Post by pdeal »

According to the manual 5 Nm which is 44 in-lb.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.48241.48240
TJ

Post by TJ »

Thanks pdeal!
Is that just for the two action bolts or all bolts?
: According to the manual 5 Nm which is 44 in-lb.

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.48252.48241
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I guess so it is not real detailed. It simply says to use their #4405 torque wrench which is adjusted to 5Nm for assembly. It also says to check the screws periodically.

pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.48260.48252
Katy

Post by Katy »

its 5 nm in wood stocks and 6nm in aluminum stocks
: I guess so it is not real detailed. It simply says to use their #4405 torque wrench which is adjusted to 5Nm for assembly. It also says to check the screws periodically.

pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Really!? They must have changed the manual then because I have the alu stocked rifle and there is no mention of 6Nm in my manual.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.48262.48261
David

Post by David »

If you have a machine rest, then test the rifle at different torques. Otherwise, anything between 5NM and 6NM is fine. With the air rifle, it really shouldn't make a huge difference. Just as long as it is in that range. Whatever you do, make sure you use a REAL torque wrench, not that thing they sell with the rifle, I for one just don't trust it at all.
DEAmiot-at-aol.com.48266.48240
Ed Knutson

Post by Ed Knutson »

Any variation from what is listed in the factory-provided manual is meaningless, this is of course in my humble opinion.....
The amount of physical dynamics that occur with a compreseed air rifle, particularly those with dampers, compared to smallbore rifles, can cause some confusion.
For example":
If you have a modern compressed-air rifle, such as the Anschutz 2002CA, (without specific damper), you can effectively disregard whatever effect that the torque that you apply to the bedding screws has upon the overall performance. This is, however, providing, that your rifle is one that has had the bearing screws in the stock adjusted by the factory.
This is significant because,
If you buy a complete rifle from the factory, this is carried out for you.
If you buy an aluminum stock, for example, as an aftermarket accessory, there is an instruction sheet that accompanies these stocks, that may have become lost which details some procedures that are far more important than mere torque specs on the "bedding screws"
Sorry to go on about this at length, but it is a common source or concern about things that should not be, but also an oft neglected point on things that can be a problem.
Generally, air rifles are not subject to the same considerations as smallbore rifles, relative to bedding screw torque values.
If you would care for more detailed discussion, please e-mail me directly and we can carry on, but for now, we will let the others move on.
Kindest regards,
Ed Knutson
the2lts-at-earthlink.net.48418.48262
Ed Knutson

Post by Ed Knutson »

Please disregard the post under my name regarding Torque Settings for Anschutz 2002CA.
Someone else somehow posted this using my name, etc., I don't know how, but it is not my post.
Ed Knutson
the2lts-at-earthlink.net.48433.48418