bull inside a bull on the 10 meter pistol target

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Len

bull inside a bull on the 10 meter pistol target

Post by Len »

As a basement shooter, this is my only real interaction with "real" shooters for air pistol. Please excuse my ignorance but what is that little bull inside the bull for in the 10m Air pistol?

Spencer C

Re: bull inside a bull on the 10 meter pistol target

Post by Spencer C »

The 5mm 'inner ten' is used tie breaking, when other means have not resolved a tie in qualification rounds

Len

Post by Len »

Ok so it's like shooting the X in a B3 target. Thanks!

TJ

Post by TJ »

It is commonly referred to as the "X" ring.
I do my best to keep from hitting it, and with great success!
: As a basement shooter, this is my only real interaction with "real" shooters for air pistol. Please excuse my ignorance but what is that little bull inside the bull for in the 10m Air pistol?

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.48187.48169
Bob Riegl

Post by Bob Riegl »

Not quite---the finals are shot in 75 second periods---in non-electronic scoring a Nonius Gauge is used to evaluate each shot---therefore a ten scratching the outer edge of the ten ring is of a lesser value than a ten which is closer to or occupying the centre of the target----hence we have a decimal value added to the score i.e. 10.0---10.1--10.2. etc etc. In electronic scoring the little electrons take care of that.

Spencer C

Inner 10s not used in Finals

Post by Spencer C »

While the flashing screen part of electronic targets for an inner 10 is still displayed during Finals, the inner 10s do not 'count'. Ties in Finals are resolved by shoot-off.
Not all Finals are conducted in 75 seconds series (25m pistol, running target, shotgun).

Len

Mine keeps moving

Post by Len »

If it would only stay still I think I might have a chance at hitting it.