LP10 squeak

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

DaveR in NC

LP10 squeak

Post by DaveR in NC »

My newish (ca 1000 pellets fired) LP10 has started sqweaking during the end of the *cocking* stroke. It only happens when I raise the lever to cock the gun (that is, after it's cocked I can lower and raise the lever w/o noise).
Should I try lubricating something, and if so, what? (and what with?)
Thanks,
-Dave
Durham, NC

Christopher

Re: LP10 squeak

Post by Christopher »

My guess is if it's a simple metal to metal contact friction problem, almost ANY lubricant would do fine so long as you don't pour it on too enthusiastically and gunk things up. Try a food-grade silicon based grease or Kleen-Bore's MOLY spray which uses some kind of alcohol carrier that evoporates off very quickly to leave a dry film of moly.
: Thanks,
: -Dave
: Durham, NC

DaveR in NC

Post by DaveR in NC »

I guess my real question was how/where to lubricate the LP10? The instructions say nothing.
Is it pretty obvious where to spray in some silicone or Ballistol?
-D
RML

Post by RML »

I remember having something like this on my LP1, but I cannot remember exactly what I did to get rid of it. I do, however, put some oil on the moving parts of my lp10 from time to time.
You should not use to much oil on an air-pistol, and avoid oil in the regulator area (close to, and below the back end of the barrel).
Try to put a thin layer of oil on the bolt and see if this helps (put some oil on your finger, a q-tip, etc., and apply it to the bolt). If the squeaking sound is at the very end of the cocking stroke, it could be when the spring is fully compressed. Try to remove the grips, and see if you can identify where the sound comes from. On the left side of the pistol, under the grip, you will find the dryfire mechanism. It needs one(!) small drop of oil now and then (on the LP1 one may experience misfires if this part is not moving properly).
RML

DaveR in NC

Post by DaveR in NC »

OK, Thanks. I'll give it a try.
-DAve