SAM K11 (opinions)

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Rik

SAM K11 (opinions)

Post by Rik »

Hi all, at the moment i'm shooting a FAS 604 and am thinking of buying the SAM K 11, any opinions on this pistol would be appreciated.
Cheers Rik.
salis13-at-btinternet.com.48079.0
Sam

Re: SAM K11 (opinions)

Post by Sam »

: Hi all, at the moment i'm shooting a FAS 604 and am thinking of buying the SAM K 11, any opinions on this pistol would be appreciated.
: Cheers Rik.
Dear all shooters,
As I know all the SAM pistols were desinged and developed mostly or solely by Mr.Morini. The man left the company (may be he was f-cked _ff as usual. As I know since he left the company there were no further developement and the model would be obsoleted soon. Now he is developing new guns again with a new company. Please go to the web www.matchguns.com to get the newer desing of his air pistol!!! The price of the pistol will approximately the same as the one you are looking for. History of Mr.Morini: he has been developing many ISSF pistols even the FP10!! Do you know why his name is Morini?? Is he set his name to be the same as Morini?? or else?? Please support him with his new company. As I know him from glances: he only can speak Italian. He is a good guy, but he can not present himself to the world that he is a nice guy. He is a dedicated man to the shooting industry who was f_cked _ff many times when the jobs were done. Please do not support betrayal.
Sincerely Yours,
Sam

allarm-at-hotmail.com.48081.48079
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

: Hi all, at the moment i'm shooting a FAS 604 and am thinking of buying the SAM K 11, any opinions on this pistol would be appreciated.
An excellent choice in air pistol, IMHO. Excellent trigger, and grip. Balances very well, although I'm not sure the tri-pod arrangement of the counterbalance is needed. Best of all, it is a forgiving gun, and seems to keep my shots a reasonable distance from the center, even when I yank one.
cheers.
fwbaw92-at-msn.com.48082.48079
chamber

Post by chamber »

I think the SAM is not such good pistol. Maybe by Walther or Styer LP2 if you save money want to.

Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Strange that all factories and partner he left were in serius financial situation leaving others the work to pay for years his debts.
morini-at-bluewin.ch.48108.48081
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

: Strange that all factories and partner he left were in serius financial situation leaving others the work to pay for years his debts.
Whatever.
I own a K-11. Fine gun. In fact, I've never known, or read, a negative comment on the K-11, from anyone who actually owned one.
fwbaw92-at-msn.com.48113.48108
Paul

In total ignorance of facts, it is often best not to offer a

Post by Paul »

pkuemin-at-gmx.net.48121.48081
Barry

Post by Barry »

In all regards I liked the look, the ergonomics and forgiving nature of my previous Sam K11. It's like a fun work of art. The only concern I would share would be what if the US distributor retires or the factory quits making spare parts. If this is your only or primary AP, I think you would feel more secure knowing that down the road you can always get Steyr or Morini parts from the US retailers (like our host, Pilkington's) or direct from the factory. With that in mind, life is short, get what makes you happy. Does anyone own the new cheaper incarnation of the K-11, and how do the two compare. Very similar? I'd like to learn about the comparison.
: Whatever.
: I own a K-11. Fine gun. In fact, I've never known, or read, a negative comment on the K-11, from anyone who actually owned one.

newsphotohi-at-hawaii.rr.com.48123.48113
Francesco

Re: I total agree!

Post by Francesco »

morini-at-bluewin.ch.48126.48121
phil

Post by phil »

I also own a K11 and i find it is a great gun. The grip is fine, trigger is top, look is unique and accuracy is very good. If i had to buy one, I would not buy the same because of the mechanical problems i had at the beginning. Some axes was badly fixed and was blocking the arming mechanism. In my club, several shooters have the new SAM K14 and are very satisfied with the overall quality.
phbeauverd-at-vtxnet.ch.48131.48079
Clive Kay

Post by Clive Kay »

Ignorance of the story makes this total garbage...as Francesco says..
But..really, without the politics, look at the pistol and the design. The basic design is excellent , so much so that Morini's (New) pistol is exactly the same or with slight changes. Only that fact that they are made in Italy makes it cheaper. The unusual counterweights, the droppped wrist position, the good trigger, good sights make this a brilliant design. Unfortunately there as always have been a few that didn't work properly and the problems with service as they do not speak hardly any English at the factory. The UK and US agents are as far as I know well supported so there should be no lesser problems than with any other pistol. I have owned just about the lot and they all have had the odd problem, so dont worry too much about that.The Original Morini has the best build quality, but unfortunately is now outdated in design due to poor adjustment properties especially in the grip department. The trigger is the best (electronic), but that is it.. See the latest reults from the big matches to see that they seem to have lost favour. The LP10 has now taken over..shame about the grip which unlike the original LP5 has become too thin.The trigger is reasonable , but the rest is excellent. Hammerli...OK with a steel barrel , but still too light and what a disastrous grip and adjustment..
Pardini.. excellent trigger. Poor grip, poor balance..Best with a long barrel and shorter cylinder..
Feinwerkbau..Trigger variable, sights poor (not deep enough)and sounds when fired like a cannon..
Poor also with the aluminum screw thread on the cylinder and lack of grip on it ..It wears very quickly..
Well what do I have..
A Sam K11 which is now 4 years old and in perfect order with many wins t it's credit and a Morini 162EI as a back-up ..It will go and be replaced by another LP10..
The Best extra I have found though for all except the Morini (No ne make a grip for it apart from the original) is a set of Rinke grips which are superb..
Believe me though this whole thing is very personal and try them all out, but ignore the politics and the stories..
clive-at-clivekay.com.48148.48081
steve b.

Post by steve b. »

i have a K11 that i'd be willing to sell for a resonable price. i just don't shoot AP anymore (almost a year now).
e-mail me if you are interested.

stinkbugk11-at-yahoo.com.48154.48079
Anti-SAM, I am.

Re: SAM K11 (opinions) - Don't buy it.

Post by Anti-SAM, I am. »

: I own a K-11. Fine gun. In fact, I've never known, or read, a negative comment on the K-11, from anyone who actually owned one.
Let me be the first. I won't recommend one to anybody. My daughter shot a K11 for most of 2003. It is accurate, she shot it well, and she won many competitions. But the metal is soft, and it had to be repaired every other month (no exageration). Replacement parts were equally poor, and we eventually had a gunsmith fabricate some replacement parts using stronger metal. It is now being used as a club gun, since she has moved on to a new pistol. It simply wasn't reliable under fairly heavy use (about 500 round per week).
I have also heard positive things about the newer K-models, but I'm skeptical now.

Joe G.

Re: SAM K11 (opinions). I love mine.....

Post by Joe G. »

As usual, Clive sums it up quite accurately. I have had a SAM K-11 for three years now. I like the pistol very much. I find it extremely comfortable, very adjustable, with a great trigger and really good balance and stability. I feel that the "antenna" counterweight system contributes a lot to that feeling of stability since it gives the gun a low center of balance and does so without an excess of ballast weight. I have had a problem or two with mine as I have had with my Steyr, in both cases the dealer support (Nygord for the former, Pilkington for the latter) was superb. Those two guns are my main shooters and both get a lot of pellets through them on a very consistent basis and I would heartily recommend both. Most important to remember is as Clive said, the final choice of what might be best for you is all very personal, if you can manage to try a few of the candidates first I think you will find your own answer. Best of luck and enjoy, Joe G.

JosephJFG-at-aol.com.48273.48148