Question about Morini

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Simpson

Question about Morini

Post by Simpson »

Hello again!
I read that the Morini freepistol has a special system with a light beam to prevent shots from going off accidentally. Does anyone know how this work?
Mark.

Re: Question about Morini

Post by Mark. »

: Hello again!
: I read that the Morini freepistol has a special system with a light beam to prevent shots from going off accidentally. Does anyone know how this work?
The CM-84E does indeed use this light-beam safety device. There is a light emitting diode in the trigger guard assembly which shines an invisible light rearward, through the trigger. The trigger has thin slits cut in it to allow the light to shine through it. Once the light passes through the trigger it falls upon a photo detector diode in the area where the trigger weight springs attached, completing the circuit.
The way this thing works is that the trigger circuit will only allow the pistol to fire if the light beam is blocked by the presence of a finger on the trigger. If there is no finger on the trigger, the shot will not go off.
Very smart, and works very well too! The only down-side is that battery consumption is increased by having to have the light emitting diode turned on all the time. But batteries still last a long time. The free pistol doesn't have an automatic shut-off circuit like the 162EI air pistol does, so you need to ensure you shut the switch off or you will drain the battery. Still, it's not a big deal because you should always carry a spare battery anyhow, just in case.
I really like my CM84E - it's a real joy to shoot.

Mark.
Bob LeDoux

Re: Question about Morini

Post by Bob LeDoux »

Look at the pistol under Pilkguns.com -- tenp files. There is a drawing of the trigger assembly. Number "2" shows the path of the light beam.