CCI SV for Pardini

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Questor

CCI SV for Pardini

Post by Questor »

I tried CCI Standard Velocity for the Pardini SP. It works OK. Seems to work about as well as Aguila. I haven't used it a lot so I don't know whether it's as reliable as Aguila.
Jim

Re: CCI SV for Pardini

Post by Jim »

CCI SV, the only ammo that will keep most S&W 41s running, is "OK" in the Pardini. It did give me two alibis in my Pardini, but of course not until I used it in a match! The Aguila is a bit better, but in a couple 1000 rounds, I've had a few jams. For matches, I stick with Eley yellow box, Fiocchi, or RWS match rifle. BTW: I'm very happy with the consistent accuracy,reliability and comfort of the Pardini.
Happy Shooting,
Jim

james.buckland-at-converse.edu.47829.47819
Questor

I agree

Post by Questor »

This is my experience also, including the advice on the 41.
For the Aguila and the Pardini, I've gotten best reliability by using the old "drop of oil on the top round of the magazine" trick. The coating on the bullets builds up on the front inside of the magazine and it needs to be cleaned out occasionally. Putting a thin lube on it, like FP10, helps.
I'm about to try the RWS to see how it works for me.

Jim

Re: CCI SV for Pardini

Post by Jim »

Oh, one other point I forgot earlier. Many Pardini users have reported serious magazine malfunctions using the CCI SV. Apparently, the OAL of this ammo in SOME lots can exceed what is acceptable in the Pardini. I'm not sure if the OAL exceeds saami specs or if the magazines can be tight, but it came as a real surprise to many. I've not personally had this problem but you may consider trying a small quantity of a given lot first before buying a 5000 round case of the same lot. For more info on this issue, look at the archives of the Bullseye-L forum found at www.bulleyepistol.com (try a search for "pardini cci" you should find about 50-100 entries!!
I hope this helps you out,
Jim

james.buckland-at-converse.edu.47858.47829
Jim

Re: CCI SV for Pardini Correction

Post by Jim »

Should have read: www.bullseyepistol.com
Sorry,
Jim

james.buckland-at-converse.edu.47859.47858