BAIKAL IZH35 PISTOL

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

DAVE CUMMINGS

BAIKAL IZH35 PISTOL

Post by DAVE CUMMINGS »

Anyone know how to adjust the trigger to take out the creep? There are 2 screws on the trigger. One to adjust takeup, the other to adjust overtravel.
DPRODIVER-at-AOL.COM.47740.0
Norm J

Re: BAIKAL IZH35 PISTOL

Post by Norm J »

Start here: http://izh.petebrunelli.com/
Be careful about overtightening either screw. And Beware that just because it works well for dry-firing, it may not drop the hammer in real-life firing.
I got mine real tight per the info on the above site, then had to back all the screws out a bit in order to get it to fire. The trigger as shipped seemed to really suck, but with tinkering I got mine in better shape.
Norm

: Anyone know how to adjust the trigger to take out the creep? There are 2 screws on the trigger. One to adjust takeup, the other to adjust overtravel.

normj1969-at-yahoo.com.47741.47740
Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

Take away the left grip. Underneth it is a plate fixed with one screw. Underneth the plate can you see the sear and the screw to adjust the creep. Load the pistol and screw it to the right until the hammer falls then screw it to the left 1/8 of a turn. Load again and hit the pistol hard with your hand. If the hammer falls take another 1/8.
TJ

Post by TJ »

I think he means COCK the pistol, not LOAD the pistol!
: Take away the left grip. Underneth it is a plate fixed with one screw. Underneth the plate can you see the sear and the screw to adjust the creep. Load the pistol and screw it to the right until the hammer falls then screw it to the left 1/8 of a turn. Load again and hit the pistol hard with your hand. If the hammer falls take another 1/8.

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.47744.47743
RJP

Post by RJP »

Is this a variation of Russian Roulette ?

Mikael Andersson

Post by Mikael Andersson »

If you are stupid enuogh to load with live ammo, yes.

Walt

Post by Walt »

with pistol empy after adjusting, hold trigger down and rack slide a few times and release pressure on trigger. Then repeat. If it doesn't dry fire it's good.