Wrench for a fwb p-70 cylinder is there one.

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

bruce

Wrench for a fwb p-70 cylinder is there one.

Post by bruce »

Can anyone tell me if there is a wrench that fits the fwb p-70 compressed air cylinder or does it just fit hand tight.
kimiej-at-iland.net.47737.0
Steve Masters

Re: Wrench for a fwb p-70 cylinder is there one.

Post by Steve Masters »

I have a P70 jr and it has a wrench with it but I have never used it! And I have never had a problem? Enjoy the rifle!
: Can anyone tell me if there is a wrench that fits the fwb p-70 compressed air cylinder or does it just fit hand tight.

stubby1954_13-at-yahoo.com.47739.47737
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

As Steve said, there is a wrench, but I don't bottom the cylinder out and make it so tight that you need to use the wrench to remove it. I found that hand tight is plenty fine. And after a few tries you get the feel of how tight it needs to be. I only use the wrench "one in a while" if I screw the cylinder in too tight by mistake.
Gary
pilkguns

The wrench is not for use on installation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by pilkguns »

it is only intended to be hand tightened. The wrench is ONLY for the rare occassions when you need just a little help to start to remove the cylinder. If it takes more than a 1/4 or 1/2 a turn to get it hand loose, then something is wrong and a professional airgunsmith should be consulted.

: Can anyone tell me if there is a wrench that fits the fwb p-70 compressed air cylinder or does it just fit hand tight.

pdeal

While on that subject - what is the little forked tool for?

Post by pdeal »

The P70's come with a little stamped sheet metal tool that is about 3" long with a forked end and a screwdriver looking point at the other end. It looks like some sort of multipurpose tool but I can't figure out what it is for.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.47747.47737
Grzegorz

Post by Grzegorz »

I had also a problem with P70 air cylinder - it was not possible to fix it by hand and I e-mailed Feinwerkbau company. The reason was very simple - I was cleaning my rifle and did it also with an air cylinder therefore I removed a grease from a screw... Simply friction became to high - that's all. They advised to add a very small amount of a grease and ... it helped. The cilinder is easily fixed by hand. So, do not use any other "hard" tools.
Grzegorz
AD

Post by AD »

I too had the same problem with my Walther LP300 also happened to my friends LG300, the cylinder had become very tight because I had removed the grease from the cylinder threading and also due to accumulation of dust in the cylinder threading grooves. A bit of silionce grease orted out the problem.
AD
pilkguns

that is the wrench we are talking about NT

Post by pilkguns »

: The P70's come with a little stamped sheet metal tool that is about 3" long with a forked end and a screwdriver looking point at the other end. It looks like some sort of multipurpose tool but I can't figure out what it is for.

Len

Never use the qrench for tightening

Post by Len »

It's only used to losen the cylinder should it become stuck. More often than not you will NEVER need it.
If it seems stuck, just fire the gun until is bleeds out then they uncrew easy.

pdeal

No not the wrench

Post by pdeal »

There is another thing about half the length of the wrench.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.47787.47763
Bubba

Big wrench Little wrench

Post by Bubba »

: There is another thing about half the length of the wrench.
The big wrench is for the cylinder, and is only there for use when necessary. Not of installation.
The smaller wrench, stamped flat metal, and 3.5 inches long, is for removing the rear sight aperature. The flats on the aperature shaft are sized to the little wrench. It also has a screw driverr that is not too bad. Can be used to adjust trigger. The long flat side of the small wrench is made to fit the rear sight rail screws, the ones that hold the rear sight to the dovetails on the top receiver on the older FWB rifles.
I think that the small wrench must have been a part of the FWB package for some time. I got one with a couple of pistols, and they were common in the box that the 300s were delivered in.
I am sure that there are other uses for the small wrench.
Respectfully,
Bubba
DanielHankiins-at-wmconnect.com.47807.47787
pdeal

Re: Big wrench Little wrench

Post by pdeal »

Thank you sir- That little bugger has had me wondering.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.47855.47807
Mark

Re: The wrench is not for use on installation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mark »

Hey you guys seem to know a lot about the P70.
I'm having a new P70 (First FT Gun) get tweeked by A-Z up in IL. I'm looking to get the big NS 10-50 X60 put on it when it's done (about 2 or 3 weeks).
Other than the BKL cantalever with a riser, can you recommend a 2 piece mount?
Seems the BKL will put the scope about 1/2 inch over the barrel.
I'd like to have the scope as close as possible without actually touching the barrel.
The NS is simmalar to the BSA 10-50 X60 if that helps. I was looking at the 30 mm.
Figured I'd ask you guys instead of bugging AZ every day with stupid questions. Anyway, thanks in advance
Mark

mark2gig-at-yahoo.com.48201.47745
Mark

Re: The wrench is not for use on installation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mark »

Whoops I got cut off. I was looking at the 30mm beeman hi mounts but I'm not sure if it'll clear the loading lever. (Damn FWB)Plus I'm not thrilled about having one mount on the reciever and the other on the barrel one is steel and one alu. The BKL would mount on the Alu reciever only. I was told that the BKL could be mounted on the barrel (reversed) but that it looked,,, well, horrible.

mark2gig-at-yahoo.com.48202.48201