Aristocrat Sight Rib

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David M

Aristocrat Sight Rib

Post by David M »

What is the best way to set the three positions of the Aristocrat sight rib?
Is there any convention for setting a position for a distance etc?
Any articles on any web sites?
I have never seen any paper work for the ribs.

JimP

Re: Aristocrat Sight Rib

Post by JimP »

: What is the best way to set the three positions of the Aristocrat sight rib?
: Is there any convention for setting a position for a distance etc?
: Any articles on any web sites?
: I have never seen any paper work for the ribs.

GOV20IL-at-comcast.net.47748.47736
JimP

Here's how.

Post by JimP »

The sight rib is designed for PPC shooting using an NRA B27 target. The rear vertical adjustment screw is only for ammo changes or light differences. There are 2 types of 3 position Aristrocrat Sight Rib. The first made was the Bill Davis Model that was 3 position front sight adjustable. First step was to set the rear sight elevation screw as centered from top adjustment and bottom adjustment. Than you used the front sight allen head screws to adjust impact. 7 Was center hold for 7-25YDS. 25 was for neck hold at 25 yds. 50 was neck hold at 50yds. Ths 2nd model is the Tri-Set Rear adjustable. This is a little more complicated. In order to zero correctly it must be done exactly in this manner.First bottom out the rear sight vertical adjustment screw and come back up 3/4 of a turn.You than set the rear to position #2 Via the thumb wheel or screw on the right side of the rib. This is the 25yd neck hold position and must be zeroed first. Zero the 25yd neck hold using the allen head screw at position #2. Via the thumb or screw on the right side of the rib change to position #3. This is the 50yd neck hold position. Zero at 50yd using the allen head screw at position #3. Via the thumb or screw on the right side of the rib change to positin #1. This is 7-25 rd center hold. First zero at 7yd with the allen head screw at position #1. Than fine tune the adjustment at 25yd center hold. Your zero at 7 & 15 and 25 yds using center hold will be perfect. There your go. Finally I could contribute something useful to this site. I've gleamed so much from it in the past. Jim P
GOV20IL-at-comcast.net.47749.47748