Craig E's Vertical Strings ...

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mako

Craig E's Vertical Strings ...

Post by Mako »

In an earlier Post Craig E. mentioned that he will have excellent horizontal grouping but they would be strung out vertical. That would indicate good sight alignment ... with a problem ...
What do you think ... rather then an aiming problem ... does this indicate a loose grip ... together with hitting a trigger stop ... OR ... ?
Craig ... do you feel that you are swaying ... do you have a solid base ... feet shoulder width apart ... feet PARALLEL ... creating a bit of tension in your thighs ...
Top shooter Jakkrit P. tells me that he spends a lot of effort making sure that he has a really solid base.
Some people use a technique where you bring up the pistol, let it settle naturally, you will probably be under the target, make sure you let your arm SETTLE into the shoulder socket ... then take in a breath ... which will bring your arm up as your chest expands ... let it settle into the aiming area ... holding that position by holding your breath in your throat! This can gives a solid base with good bone to bone support ... and a good breath of air just before going through your alignment sequence.
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.47730.0
Craig E.

food for thought

Post by Craig E. »

I think I have a stable base...feet are generally right, arm goes to socket regularly, breath is possible question. The real issue may just be the quality of the grip. I cannot seem to stabilize the "strength of grip" to be both firm enough and "relaxed" simultaneously....and then do the same thing every time. Thanks for taking the time to make some comments on my observations/results. I really keep trying to maintain a progressive improvement in my shooting and commentary/suggestions here certainly help. Craig
alance2002-at-yahoo.com.47731.47730