Roomie need for CDN Airgun Grand Prix

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

John Zurek

Roomie need for CDN Airgun Grand Prix

Post by John Zurek »

I have made reservations at the Doubletree Intl plaza hotel for Feb 26-29(3 nights), 2 queen beds. I have thought about pushing the two beds together and ordering room service.... but, would rather share expenses with a like minded competitor. Us rates are around $86, probably closer to $100 after tax.
If interested please contact me off list, JZnAZ@aol.com

JZnAZ-at-aol.com.47657.0
mako

Re: Roomie need for CDN Airgun Grand Prix

Post by mako »

When going through customs ... make sure you say ... "yes, my air pistol shoots below 500 fps" ... above 500 fps I believe it becomes a firearm and things get stickier.
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.47660.47657
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have found that customs officials dont know the rules. Just saying that it shoots below 500fps (152m/s) will make them ask for proof. Last time, I found that nowhere in my Steyr manual does it say that it shoots below 500fps. They eventually got bored and let me go.
Something under 500 fps does not need to be declared. You might consider bringing something on letterhead from your dealer. I also travel with a printout of airline policy
: When going through customs ... make sure you say ... "yes, my air pistol shoots below 500 fps" ... above 500 fps I believe it becomes a firearm and things get stickier.

Mako

Post by Mako »

Yes they didn't know what was going on ... they were looking through their books ... asking each other ... but then one of them said that if it was faster then 500 fps ... it was considered a firearm ... that's when I said that I had recently had it tested and it was under 500 ... it's not like they had a list of different guns and what their factory velocity was. There was a rumour that they had tested air guns ... using light weight pellets ... which made them all register over 500 ... but in the end, except the Japanese Jr. team ... everyone seemed to get in O.K. The Juniors were in trouble because they were under 18 and had GUNS. If I remember correctly ... they got their guns back Sat. morning. They then went on to win the mens and womens AR matches ...