IZH-46M grip finishing

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David Bartlett

IZH-46M grip finishing

Post by David Bartlett »

I recently bought a IZH-46M pistol and am enjoying shooting it. I am getting used to the trigger after using a Daisy 747 for some time. I want to soften the edge on the grip around the palm rest and want to know if anyone knows what the original finish on the wood is so i can come close to matching it after sanding. thanks.
dlb-at-mfx.net.47604.0
TJ

Re: IZH-46M grip finishing

Post by TJ »

Natural. I think it is just oiled because when I fitted my grip, after taking about 2 lbs. of wood off, I just put furniture oil on it, and it looks the same as the rest of the grip that did not get touched.
: I recently bought a IZH-46M pistol and am enjoying shooting it. I am getting used to the trigger after using a Daisy 747 for some time. I want to soften the edge on the grip around the palm rest and want to know if anyone knows what the original finish on the wood is so i can come close to matching it after sanding. thanks.

shootingsport-at-ev1.net.47606.47604
Norm

Re: IZH-46M grip finishing

Post by Norm »

Think of that original lump of wood as the box that your grip came in. You've got to remove the packing crate to find your grip inside. Then refinish the whole thing if that's what turns your switch.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Norm
nglitz-at-optonline.net.47791.47606