So, What is "Quadrant-Timing?"

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bob LeDoux

So, What is "Quadrant-Timing?"

Post by Bob LeDoux »

I'm looking at "Pistol Shooting," by Antal and Skanakar. On page 30 is described a training procedure called "Quadrant-Timing."
I don't understand the utility and technique being applied here. Does someone else know what this is all about?

DennisKriek

Re: So, What is "Quadrant-Timing?"

Post by DennisKriek »

: I'm looking at "Pistol Shooting," by Antal and Skanakar. On page 30 is described a training procedure called "Quadrant-Timing."
: I don't understand the utility and technique being applied here. Does someone else know what this is all about?
Bob, I've studied it and the best I can come up with is that it is teaching you to smoothly press the trigger faster. I'm guessing he has you move the gun while counting to give you something other than the trigger to think about. This helps make a subconcious trigger pull. He seems to tell you that you will be starting off taking a 5 count to actually pull the trigger. As you reduce the count from 5 to 1 you move the gun through the 90 angle faster and faster and the trigger pull goes faster and faster. At the end of the exercise you've learned how to quickly and without thinking press the trigger properly.
Of course, I'm just making this up - but it is the best I could do from that description.

Rotwang-at-aol.com.47477.47397