Eley Silhouex

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

MBS

Eley Silhouex

Post by MBS »

Hello,
Eley says thier silhouex load is specially designed for silhouette shooting, yet the all the ballistic data is exactly the same as their club target, standard, EPS, and other target loads (this is actually one of thier selling points since you can practice with lower priced ammo and still get the same ballistic performance as the higher priced stuff). So the question is, if the ballistics are the same what makes silhouex better for silhouette than one of their other target loads?
Sincerely,
MBS
ferret

Pistol / Rifle / Field ?

Post by ferret »

This prompted me to take a look at their web site, and if I'm not mistaken they have the exact same cartridge as top of the line in both pistol and rifle. Does this mean my old rifle cartridges are interchangeable with my new pistol cartridges so I can use them if they prove reliable?
What about the Eley Target Field which isn't their web site. As I understand it, it's supposed to be a bit faster and suitable for both pistol and rifle. If it is, anyone know where I can find data for that in pistol barrel lengths? Could come in handy for field target where range can be up to 80 m.