"Best" Scope for college shooting

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David

"Best" Scope for college shooting

Post by David »

Any advice on what the "best" spotting scope is for shooting in college? Obviously, I need something that will work well at 10 meters and 50 feet, but I would also like something that will work at 50 meter in case I need it. What scopes will allow you to zoom out far enough to see an entire 12 bull air rifle target without moving the scope but will still allow sufficent magnification for 50m? Also, any thoughts on long eye relief or wide angle? Kowa seems to make both, which would be better?
Thanks,
David
deamiot-at-aol.com.47353.0
Norm

Re:

Post by Norm »

Go for the long eye relief. Wide angle would only be needed if you really want to check both neighbor's targets.
Norm
nglitz-at-optonline.com.47357.47353
John

Re: "Best" Scope for college shooting

Post by John »

I have the 82mm, 27X Kowa, and my daughter has the 661, 25X. Both have long eye relief. I can barely get a ten bull target in view at 50 feet, and at ten meters, I have to move the scope to see the whole card (I usually can't do anything to improve things from shot to shot, so I often don't bother and just shoot the hidden bulls without scoping them).
My daughter's scope is better at ten meters and very good out to 100 yards. If I had it to do over, I'd get the 661.

Paul Benneche

Re: "Best" Scope for college shooting

Post by Paul Benneche »

Kowa 600 or 601, 60mm scopes in 20 or 25 power.
peb-at-virginia.edu.47370.47353