Hard choice to make on new Air pistol. Pardini K2 VS Morini

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Claudio

Hard choice to make on new Air pistol. Pardini K2 VS Morini

Post by Claudio »

It is very difficult to decide on my next purchase of air pistol. Steyr is out of my budget new or used.
I am thinking of a chioce between Pardini K2 and Morini 162M(mechanical). I do not have the luxury to test any of the guns for any length of time.
I am still too gun shy on any electronic gun, I already have a dead Walther free pistol. I do hear good things about Morini 162 EI triggers.
Anyone have any experience testing both the Pardini K2 and the Morini 162M? Any other alternative to those two that are better than a Walther CP3 Match?
incrocci-at-shaw.ca.47315.0
Gary

grip size & FWB

Post by Gary »

One item, how long is your hand. The Walther CPM1 (that I have), Steyr LP10 and the Anschutz @ all seem to be made for shooters with long hands. My Pardini K58 and the Morini 162EI that I tried both have grips that easily accomodate my short hand.
Note that I'm not referring to a big or small hand, but how long the hand and fingers are. This affects the reach to the trigger, and if you can even reach the trigger at the proper angle. On my CPM1 I had to remove about 1/4 inch of wood from the web area to reduce the reach to the trigger, and I'm marginal. I would even like it a few mm less.
Have you looked at the FWB pistols. Pilkington has a few on their used page.
http://www.pilkguns.com/usedguns.htm
Gary

: It is very difficult to decide on my next purchase of air pistol. Steyr is out of my budget new or used.
: I am thinking of a chioce between Pardini K2 and Morini 162M(mechanical). I do not have the luxury to test any of the guns for any length of time.
: I am still too gun shy on any electronic gun, I already have a dead Walther free pistol. I do hear good things about Morini 162 EI triggers.
: Anyone have any experience testing both the Pardini K2 and the Morini 162M? Any other alternative to those two that are better than a Walther CP3 Match?

Claudio

Medium grip, small hand short fingers and....

Post by Claudio »

No, that one 's a good size, I meant this...
I have noticed that it is not easy for me to shoot different guns at times because the trigger reach with some is too much. I usually bring back the trigger shoe or adjustment all the way back.
incrocci-at-shaw.ca.47317.47316
Richard H.

Re: Hard choice to make on new Air pistol. Pardini K2 VS Mo

Post by Richard H. »

Have you had the opportunity to actually try any of these pistols? Personally I think it is a waste to get the Morini without the electronic trigger, it is probably the finest trigger in any air pistol (I own a Steyr so I'm not biased).
: It is very difficult to decide on my next purchase of air pistol. Steyr is out of my budget new or used.
: I am thinking of a chioce between Pardini K2 and Morini 162M(mechanical). I do not have the luxury to test any of the guns for any length of time.
: I am still too gun shy on any electronic gun, I already have a dead Walther free pistol. I do hear good things about Morini 162 EI triggers.
: Anyone have any experience testing both the Pardini K2 and the Morini 162M? Any other alternative to those two that are better than a Walther CP3 Match?

Claudio

tried the Pardini once, no Morini around here to try

Post by Claudio »

Questor

Post by Questor »

The mechanical trigger on the Morini is excellent. My gun is the 162MI. I have not used other top air pistols, but have allowed others who own several air pistols to try mine. They all were surprised at how good the trigger is. I have owned my Morini for two years and have found it to be an excellent gun. In fact it has been so good that I do not covet any others and have no interest in even trying others. Considering that I usually tend to experiment with guns until I find the kind I like, this is high praise from me.
I got the mechanical model because I was concerned about durability and reliability over a period of many years. This may be an unfounded prejudice given the reliability of today's electronics.

william

Time to make a choice

Post by william »

Pardini - far greater range of trigger adjustments,
Morini - better out of the box grip. You can make the Pardini grip more like the Morini, but you can never give the 162 the trigger adjustments that the K2 has.
You said you have shot the Pardini, and presumably you liked it. Isn't it time to just go and buy one?
politt-at-1stcounsel.com.47329.47315
Dick Poore

Don't rule out the 162EI

Post by Dick Poore »

[I am still too gun shy on any electronic gun, I already have a dead Walther free pistol. I do hear good things about Morini 162 EI triggers.]
Claudio --
I'd not rule out the electronic trigger based simply on the reputation of one notoriously bad gun -- the walther electronic.
Three years ago I bought a 162EI and it's worked flawlessly. Zero problems with the electronics and the trigger is a dream. I recently traded it with Pilkguns for a Morini short electronic (better balance and I now have a bum shoulder so the lighter weight is better for me). My trade-in is up for sale on the PILKGUNS used page for $900 US. There is nothing wrong with it -- perfect working order and comes with all original tools, manual, adapter, bleeder, and factory case.
In the past Wareren Potter has allowed me to try guns for a week or two. All it takes is a credit card number for a deposit and you pay shipping. Try the Morini electronic before you make-up your mind.
I would like to add that many of my US friends -- some top shooters (I'm not in this category, but I'm working on it) -- also shoot the Morini electronic and to my knowledge have had no issues. You might recognize their names:
Darryl Szarenski -- 2000 Olympian, 2003 Pan Am Games Gold Medal...list goes on
John Zurek -- 2003 US Nat AP Champ and #2 in FP
Brian Zins -- 5 time US Conventional Pistol Champ
Steve Swartz -- My USAF Shooting Team Capt and regular contributor to TT
In fact, when I first met John Zurek two years ago he had one of those crummy Walther APs and it went bad at a big match. He got rid of it for the Morini electronic.
I also have the Morini CM84E Free Pistol (as do my aforementioned friends, expect Zins, he shoots a TOZ) -- the CM84E is also a peach of a gun. It replaced my TOZ after it (the TOZ) consistantly gave me light strikes even after changing springs and firing pins. Again, I've had no problems with the CM84E electronics after 5000 rounds and countless dry fires.
Try it -- you'll like it -- very reliable.
Dick Poore, Major, USAF
Barksdale AFB, LA
Home of the Mighty B-52

Bill Clarke

Post by Bill Clarke »

I bought a like new Pardini K60 from a friend a few months ago. Prior to that I had been in the "making choices" mode like you. And the dollars were a concern.
The differences between the K60 and the K2 are subtle - except of course, the K60 is Co2 rather than PCP. That was my preference, and I had been looking only at new Co2 powered guns.
I added a Nygord Turbo-Comp and have to say that it really made the gun free of movement when firing. Thus bringing the gun right up-to-date.
Take a good look at the used guns on our sponsor's site at:
http://www.pilkguns.com/usedguns.htm
Until I found a friend had a K60 sitting around unused, I was going to buy one from them.

bill177-at-airguninfo.com.47331.47315
Dick Poore

Minor correction

Post by Dick Poore »

[In fact, when I first met John Zurek two years ago he had one of those crummy Walther APs and it went bad at a big match. He got rid of it for the Morini electronic.]
I meant Walther FP....

:
: [I am still too gun shy on any electronic gun, I already have a dead Walther free pistol. I do hear good things about Morini 162 EI triggers.]
: Claudio --
: I'd not rule out the electronic trigger based simply on the reputation of one notoriously bad gun -- the walther electronic.
: Three years ago I bought a 162EI and it's worked flawlessly. Zero problems with the electronics and the trigger is a dream. I recently traded it with Pilkguns for a Morini short electronic (better balance and I now have a bum shoulder so the lighter weight is better for me). My trade-in is up for sale on the PILKGUNS used page for $900 US. There is nothing wrong with it -- perfect working order and comes with all original tools, manual, adapter, bleeder, and factory case.
: In the past Wareren Potter has allowed me to try guns for a week or two. All it takes is a credit card number for a deposit and you pay shipping. Try the Morini electronic before you make-up your mind.
: I would like to add that many of my US friends -- some top shooters (I'm not in this category, but I'm working on it) -- also shoot the Morini electronic and to my knowledge have had no issues. You might recognize their names:
: Darryl Szarenski -- 2000 Olympian, 2003 Pan Am Games Gold Medal...list goes on
: John Zurek -- 2003 US Nat AP Champ and #2 in FP
: Brian Zins -- 5 time US Conventional Pistol Champ
: Steve Swartz -- My USAF Shooting Team Capt and regular contributor to TT
: In fact, when I first met John Zurek two years ago he had one of those crummy Walther APs and it went bad at a big match. He got rid of it for the Morini electronic.
: I also have the Morini CM84E Free Pistol (as do my aforementioned friends, expect Zins, he shoots a TOZ) -- the CM84E is also a peach of a gun. It replaced my TOZ after it (the TOZ) consistantly gave me light strikes even after changing springs and firing pins. Again, I've had no problems with the CM84E electronics after 5000 rounds and countless dry fires.
: Try it -- you'll like it -- very reliable.
: Dick Poore, Major, USAF
: Barksdale AFB, LA
: Home of the Mighty B-52