Morini 162EI velocity problems

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

AD

Morini 162EI velocity problems

Post by AD »

I own a 4 month old Morini 162EI air-pistol, when i had just got it I noticed the velocity was a bit low(440fps) and increased to 500fps, after 3 months of shooting(4000 pellets)I noticed the velcity had dropped again, the velcoty screw haD returned to its original position. When I tried to return the velcotiy to 500fps after approxiamtely 4 turns of the velocity screw it started making a clicking sound followed by a twang(some sort of spring like sound). Does anybody have any idea why the screw returned to its original postion and also what the clicking and twang sound was.
Thanks,
AD

akshaydashrath-at-yahoo.co.in.47268.0
David M

Re: Morini 162EI velocity problems

Post by David M »

With the velocity set to approx 150-155ms, half a turn in (clockwise)on the velocity screw will increase the speed about 8 m/s.
If you turned it 4 turns you may have wound it all the in through the back strap and damaged the spring. You may have spring bind when you try to cock the pistol.
Take it to someone who knows what they are doing with Morini to have it looked at, and prevent any further damage.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Sometimes velocity problems are caused by oil, grease or dirty in the firing pin chamber or reduction valves chamber. Lokk at it and let me know.
morini-at-bluewin.ch.47276.47268
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

Sometimes velocity problems are caused by oil, grease or dirty in the firing pin chamber or reduction valves chamber. Lokk at it and let me know.
morini-at-bluewin.ch.47277.47268
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

morini-at-bluewin.ch.47278.47268
AD

Post by AD »

1 turn incresed the velocity by 10fps, 4 turns increased it to 505fps from 465-470fps, I live in India and there are no dealers in India for Morini, what should I do? How will I know if there is spring bind?
Thanks,
AD