Qualifying for USA Shooting National Championships

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
K38

Qualifying for USA Shooting National Championships

Post by K38 »

As they are almost the only ISSF matches in the US available what is the procedure to qualify for the USA Shooting National Championships. I'm old and I would like to shoot one real free pistol match before I die.

Thanks,

DLB
Last edited by K38 on Tue May 07, 2024 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elbthesurfer

Re: Qualifying for USA Shooting National Championships

Post by elbthesurfer »

You don't have to qualify. Just sign up for the match. Shooters of all abilities compete.
PirateJohn

Post by PirateJohn »

You have to be a member of USA Shooting in good standing, be a US citizen, and I believe you need to have shot in two matches before (small, local matches count).
Rover

Post by Rover »

If you want a fun trip, sign up for Phoenix RGC Midwinter Nationals. Shoot everything.

Party with the guys, enjoy the sunshine, abuse Tony Silva.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

K38 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:58 am what is the procedure to qualify
2024 Rifle and Pistol National Championship Fort Moore 06/24/2024 06/30/2024 ashley.macallister@usashooting.org

1. Sign-up
2. Pay fee
3. Probably need USAA membership (not heard of any match requirement Pirate John mentioned - I could be wrong, but I don't listen to Pirates).
4. WILL DEFINITELY need to have background check to get into Fort Snowflake aka Ft. Moore (which is actually and ALWAYS be Fort Benning to me.)
5. Try not to shoot the wall if entered for Rapid Fire
6. Don't shoot your eye out if entered in air rifle
7. You still have to pay the fee if entered for Free Pistol

The "Background Check" is easy. However, I always wait on Ashley to send email info to all enrolled competitors on that check - it's so easy I've forgotten exactly how to do it. Basically, you can't be a felon-nut-job, Pinko-Commie, wife-beating illegal-alien, crack-smoking-substance-addicted-alcoholic, citizenship-renouncing-fugitive-from-justice-dishonorably-discharged-mentally-defective-adjudicated-psychopath . . . or shoot a Walther.

Other than that, it's simple.

. . . and Rover will be happy to know - you also can shoot any brand of pellet.
K38

Post by K38 »

I gather from this that Ft. Moore has better range facilities than the Olympic training center in Colorado? I have a feeling that real ISSF ranges are pretty thin on the ground. Seems like USA Shooting is doing very little in that department.

DLB