Horizontal Pulse in prone

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bryan996

Horizontal Pulse in prone

Post by Bryan996 »

As the title suggests I'm getting a horizontal pulse in the prone position, could anyone give me some pointers to try and work out what might be causing this? Ive had vertical pulse plenty of times before and can normally solve this but the sideways movement appeared out of nowhere and left me struggling in the middle of a competition. thanks
groverdog1

Re: Horizontal Pulse in prone

Post by groverdog1 »

Try making sure your left elbow is not TOO far under the rifle (for a righty) . Get it positioned just off the left side of the rifle to maintain the triangle base formed between the left and right elbow and the left hand.... ("get enough weight on right elbow")

hope it helps! Mark D
colinlp

Post by colinlp »

I had a horizontal pulse appear from nowhere a few weeks ago, my position didn't feel right at the time but equally is didn't feel wrong. I found as I got up a brass disc nut on my mat but I didn't recognise it until I got home; it was part of my sling (Centra anti pulse) and one of the screws had come out. So ultimately the sling length was too long and allowed my left arm to swing more to the left to get the tension right. As above in my case, the rifle above my elbow, putting a screw back in shortened the sling again and pulled my left hand to the right a little and the pulse was gone
Thauglor

Post by Thauglor »

The root cause that both of the above fixes solve is the sling pulling on the inside of the bicep area where the artery is