AP groups at 25 yards

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
coker

AP groups at 25 yards

Post by coker »

Hi hello,
for Olympic type air pistols,
Have any of you tried to group at 25 yrds from a sandbag?,, my Steyr LP 10 AP does a disappointing about 2 inches,, which i think it is believable considering the low speed and light pellet,, i mean,, not much wind and outdoors.
wondering if any of you have had similar experiences.
PeeWeeDaddy

Re: AP groups at 25 yards

Post by PeeWeeDaddy »

My IZH46M and my friend’s AV46 shoot 1/2” rested from 25 yards all day.
My friend lives in Kansas farm country.
He has murdered 1000s of cow birds.
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

Try bumping your velocity to 550 and use some dome head pellets like JSB.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

PeeWeeDaddy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:19 pm He has murdered 1000s of cow birds.
How appropriate! There's a gold medal awarded for the "Cow Bird Murder'n Championship"?

Stay on topic people.
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

We shoot 25m std pistol here using LP50's and in testing using a proper testing vice using unaltered velocity group sizes are almost one pellet hole size using wad cutters they are that consistent over 25m in still air, group size on a sand bag will be down to you I'm afraid.
kqrxbn

Post by kqrxbn »

Very unscientifically, when I've shot my LP 50 at 25 metres my groups have been about as good as when with my MG2. Essentially, it's does not seem to be the pistol/pellets holding me back.
KDZ

Post by KDZ »

kqrxbn wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:46 am Very unscientifically, when I've shot my LP 50 at 25 metres my groups have been about as good as when with my MG2. Essentially, it's does not seem to be the pistol/pellets holding me back.
Same here / different pistols: My 25Y groups with air (FWB P44 / iron sights) are similar to those shot with 22LR (H208s / dot). Helps (me) to know they are about equally accurate so practice translates between air/powder, and convenient since the AP can be shot here at the rancho.