Walther KK500 Scatt Rail Problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Youngbill

Walther KK500 Scatt Rail Problem

Post by Youngbill »

Hello all,

I'm having an alignment problem with a Scatt basic on the Scatt rail of my daughter's KK500. I don't see any adjustments on the mount and when the Scatt is mounted to the rail, it is off a good 6 inches on the target. I really don't want to adjust her sights that much just for practice. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Bill
Tim S

Re: Walther KK500 Scatt Rail Problem

Post by Tim S »

Is there any room to place a shim between the clamp and the rail?
Youngbill

Post by Youngbill »

I was thinking that, but it will make putting it on/off for practice a PITA. I friend suggested I try reinstalling the extension tube as it may be slightly out of alignment. Also, seeing if F1 in the software zooms out the calibration window. I'm going to try those later today.

Bill
justadude

Post by justadude »

If I am reading this correctly, you installed the SCATT (both hardware and software), the software is working but when you 'fire' a shot the shot registers but it is well away from the center of the target.

The next step is to grab the most recent shot (the pink one) with mouse pointer and drag it to the center of the target. (Place mouse on shot then left click and hold) and drag the shot to the center of the target. Sometimes it takes 2-3 iterations to get SCATT pretty well 'sighted in'.

You are correct, you NEVER want to click your sights, that adjust real world shot placement, to try and zero SCATT.

Hope this helps

'dude
KabalMSU

Post by KabalMSU »

Youngbill wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:48 pm I'm having an alignment problem with a Scatt basic on the Scatt rail of my daughter's KK500. I don't see any adjustments on the mount and when the Scatt is mounted to the rail, it is off a good 6 inches on the target.
Hi Bill,

just go through the SCATT calibration.

Regards,
Vassili
XTCShooter

Post by XTCShooter »

The design of KK500 Scatt rail is a problem, particularly if practicing indoor at short distances. Because the KK500 Scatt rail has no means of adjustment, the camera is aiming at the right side of the target. This is not an issue if you use the system at longer distances, like 50 yards or meters, but at short distances you have a parallax error.

I also have a KK500 and Scatt Basic system and do this to make it work. In Calibration, aim at the left side of the target so the camera will detect the target, then returning to Practice and while again aiming at the left of the target, fire sighter shots and correct then in the direction of the target. You will have to make 4 or 5 of these corrections shoots to get to the center of the target, but you will get there.

Also, if you are practicing with the 50 Yard/Meter rear sight settings, the camera will also be looking slightly high, so you will not only have to aim left, but also down so the camera sees the target.

The easiest option, however, is to just use the adjustable camera bracket that comes with the Scatt system.

Art
Youngbill

Post by Youngbill »

Art,

Thank you. Yes, she is practicing at 5 meters. You are spot on in your discription. I ordered her an adjustable bracket that fit into the underside rail.

Bill
XTCShooter

Post by XTCShooter »

Youngbill wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:41 am Art,

Thank you. Yes, she is practicing at 5 meters. You are spot on in your discription. I ordered her an adjustable bracket that fit into the underside rail.

Bill
Which bracket did you get?

Art
Jason

Post by Jason »

I use this TEC-HRO mount at 4m and it works great: https://tec-hro.de/schiesssport/en/scat ... it-20.html

Jason
Youngbill

Post by Youngbill »

I ordered this one. It was about half the price of the other one. I'll let you know how it works once I get it.

https://sportshootingdepot.com/product/ ... acket-uit/

Bill