Feinwerkbau P44 Absorber question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
10metershooterazores

Feinwerkbau P44 Absorber question

Post by 10metershooterazores »

Hello!
I have a FWV P44 since Christmas but it was from my brother and he offers me, because im in P10 meters Sport Shooting ISSF about one year and a month or two, and i had the FWB 103!
With the P44 my high score was made today with 516 points, with 103 was 492!
My question is how to know if the absorber is working like is should, how does it work and if is not working like it should how do i know and what should i do?
In my opinion the pistol is perfect but how the P8X have a red plastic piece to transport the pistol because of the absorber, the question came in my mind…
Thank you in advance!
Good shoting
10 meter Shooter
BobGee

Re: Feinwerkbau P44 Absorber question

Post by BobGee »

The manual, pages 24-26 describe the action of the absorber and how to determine if it is properly adjusted. If you do not feel the resistance after firing the pistol in a horizontal direction and slowly opening the cocking lever, or the resistance point is outside the limits, it needs fixing in the case if the former or adjusting in the case of the latter. Pages attached.
P44 manual p 24-26.pdf
(205.8 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Bob
10metershooterazores

BobGee wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:12 pm The manual, pages 24-26 describe the action of the absorber and how to determine if it is properly adjusted. If you do not feel the resistance after firing the pistol in a horizontal direction and slowly opening the cocking lever, or the resistance point is outside the limits, it needs fixing in the case if the former or adjusting in the case of the latter. Pages attached.

P44 manual p 24-26.pdf

Bob
Thank you, i think mine is fine!
10 meter Shooter
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

10metershooterazores, do you need the rest of the manual?

Bob
10metershooterazores

BobGee wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:21 am 10metershooterazores, do you need the rest of the manual?

Bob
No, thank you, i have on bookmarks on a webpage!
But thank you very much
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

BobGee wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:21 am 10metershooterazores, do you need the rest of the manual?

Bob
But I have a question if you don't mind:
today, I screwed the cylinder with little air (110 bar+-) in the gun and started to spill air! Well... yesterday she took white gresse in the cocking lever and inside (where possible) and today during the night she had a fall inside the case.
Well... I cleaned the regulating valve and cylinder and it continued, but it seemed to be from the gun and not from the cylinder...I shot it without a pellet and put it in dry fire...it stopped and never did it again!
A friend of mine who understand a litle about FWB pistols and has a P44 says it could be something "glued/stucked” that detached with the shot.
What do you think?
Thank you
10 meter Shooter
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

I'm afraid I cannot offer a reason. I think your friend is probably right.

Bob
10metershooterazores

BobGee wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:06 pm I'm afraid I cannot offer a reason. I think your friend is probably right.

Bob
Thank you!
Do you know why is the reason sigths can inclinate to rigth and left(not the shot, the sigth) has show in the picture?
Attachments
IMG_4216.jpeg
10 meter Shooter
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Some shooters like to cant/tilt their pistol a small amount. Usually to the left for a right-hander. The rear and front sights can be rotated back to the vertical plane to compensate for this cant.

Bob
10metershooterazores

BobGee wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:42 pm Some shooters like to cant/tilt their pistol a small amount. Usually to the left for a right-hander. The rear and front sights can be rotated back to the vertical plane to compensate for this cant.

Bob
Thank you for you help!
Goods shots
10 meter Shooter