My Feinwerkbau P44+R10 Match+R10Match Plus

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
10metershooterazores

Re: My Feinwerkbau P44+R10 Match+R10Match Plus

Post by 10metershooterazores »

Gwhite wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:25 pm You are still obsessed with scores. Unless you spend more time working on improving your shot process and less time adding up meaningless numbers, your progress will be slow & painful.

I can shoot a 540 by firing nothing but sixty nines. I can also do it by shooting 54 tens and 6 complete misses. I can do it by shooting 30 eights and 30 tens. None of which is important. What IS important is why each shot arrived where it did. You need to work on eliminating the poor shots and increasing the number of good ones. You should be concentrating on improving your technique & consistency, NOT your scores. Good scores will be easy IF you fix your technique.
The minimum in
This target was an eigth…
Can you teatch me do always this?
Attachments
IMG_4200.jpeg
IMG_4200.jpeg
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

Gwhite wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:25 pm You are still obsessed with scores. Unless you spend more time working on improving your shot process and less time adding up meaningless numbers, your progress will be slow & painful.

I can shoot a 540 by firing nothing but sixty nines. I can also do it by shooting 54 tens and 6 complete misses. I can do it by shooting 30 eights and 30 tens. None of which is important. What IS important is why each shot arrived where it did. You need to work on eliminating the poor shots and increasing the number of good ones. You should be concentrating on improving your technique & consistency, NOT your scores. Good scores will be easy IF you fix your technique.
In this target, the minimum i make is an 8!
Can tou teach me do all of these, please?
Attachments
IMG_4200.jpeg
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

Gwhite wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:19 am Actually, if he's right handed, he's probably applying pressure with his thumb. All your life, you've practiced squeezing things between your thumb & forefinger. If you let your thumb get in the act when you squeeze the trigger, your targets will look just like that.

You do NOT need thumb pressure on the side of the grip to hold the pistol. Shooting a good group is all about consistency. The most consistent pressure you can apply with your thumb is ZERO. Get it off the grip, and those shots should evaporate.

If he's a lefty, it would be finger tip pressure.
Target 0-60 shots
The out between 3/4 on the bottom It's because the pellet was upside down with the skirt forward and the the two others on bottim 4 and 5 was because i move the arm at the time of the shot!
Thank you
Attachments
IMG_4205.jpeg
IMG_4205.jpeg (81.74 KiB) Viewed 656 times
10 meter Shooter
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

The horizontal spread is probably the result of grip variations, possibly thumb & finger tip pressure. The shots out in the white are most likely anticipation, which can come from forcing the shots off. You need to concentrate on increasing the pressure on the trigger smoothly. As long as you do that, the shot WILL go off, but you won't know exactly when. You don't have to do it super slow. Practice dry firing and work on seeing how quickly you can squeeze the trigger without disturbing your sight alignment. Most shooters take WAY too long to get their shots off.

https://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.ph ... 11#p314411

In my experience, a backwards pellet usually shoots just fine in most pistols, but the hole in the paper does look suspicious.

It actually looks like the center of your pattern is low, and a sight adjustment is needed. The scattered shots above that may be from losing focus on your front sight. It's important to "call" every shot. If you didn't call your shots accurately, you are probably not concentrating on sight alignment and your focus is wandering.

When you get a good shot, try to think about EVERY detail that went into that result. That will help to make them happen more often, and if something is not right, it will help you identify it BEFORE you take the bad shot.

When you get a bad shot, think about what might have caused it, and what corrective change would have prevented it. Then forget about the shot, and work on your technique. Think in terms of POSITIVE actions, like focusing on your front sight and smoothly increasing your trigger pressure.
10metershooterazores

Gwhite wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:44 am The horizontal spread is probably the result of grip variations, possibly thumb & finger tip pressure. The shots out in the white are most likely anticipation, which can come from forcing the shots off. You need to concentrate on increasing the pressure on the trigger smoothly. As long as you do that, the shot WILL go off, but you won't know exactly when. You don't have to do it super slow. Practice dry firing and work on seeing how quickly you can squeeze the trigger without disturbing your sight alignment. Most shooters take WAY too long to get their shots off.

In my experience, a backwards pellet usually shoots just fine in most pistols, but the hole in the paper does look suspicious.

It actually looks like the center of your pattern is low, and a sight adjustment is needed. The scattered shots above that may be from losing focus on your front sight. It's important to "call" every shot. If you didn't call your shots accurately, you are probably not concentrating on sight alignment and your focus is wandering.

When you get a good shot, try to think about EVERY detail that went into that result. That will help to make them happen more often, and if something is not right, it will help you identify it BEFORE you take the bad shot.

When you get a bad shot, think about what might have caused it, and what corrective change would have prevented it. Then forget about the shot, and work on your technique. Think in terms of POSITIVE actions, like focusing on your front sight and smoothly increasing your trigger pressure.
Thank you! I just started a new target 0 and have 3 out… because i move my arm 2 and 1 because i put the pistol to high! The sigth is fine for the club but this practice has been done at home and i have to adapt
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

Gwhite wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:44 am The horizontal spread is probably the result of grip variations, possibly thumb & finger tip pressure. The shots out in the white are most likely anticipation, which can come from forcing the shots off. You need to concentrate on increasing the pressure on the trigger smoothly. As long as you do that, the shot WILL go off, but you won't know exactly when. You don't have to do it super slow. Practice dry firing and work on seeing how quickly you can squeeze the trigger without disturbing your sight alignment. Most shooters take WAY too long to get their shots off.

I only have second stage on trigger because i aline and shot when i want instantly! Im not doing is follow trougth
10 meter Shooter
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

10metershooterazores wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:01 am I only have second stage on trigger because i aline and shot when i want instantly! Im not doing is follow trougth
If you "shot when i want instantly!", then I'm amazed you are doing as well as you are. That is usually a great way to not only move the pistol when firing, but because you KNOW when it will go off, you can instinctively tighten your grip in a number of ways in anticipation of the shot. That will move the pistol FAR more than your natural wobble.

One of the most common recommendations for precision shooting is to get a "surprise shot". If you do a search on the forum, you will find that we've already discussed this:

https://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?p=323997
10metershooterazores

Gwhite wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:26 am
10metershooterazores wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:01 am I only have second stage on trigger because i aline and shot when i want instantly! Im not doing is follow trougth
If you "shot when i want instantly!", then I'm amazed you are doing as well as you are. That is usually a great way to not only move the pistol when firing, but because you KNOW when it will go off, you can instinctively tighten your grip in a number of ways in anticipation of the shot. That will move the pistol FAR more than your natural wobble.

One of the most common recommendations for precision shooting is to get a "surprise shot". If you do a search on the forum, you will find that we've already discussed this:

I testes dry fire and i didnt move the pistol! I move the arm when im gonna shoot in those outs because i shake a litle or a electricity in the body!
But the only way i know how to shot is with only second stage because i dont k ow with two stages because i pull the first then stop then pull the second…
But like i was saying in current target are two out because of move the arm and one because i was shaking…
Thank you
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

I didnt turn off first stage i reeuce almost nothing the lenth so i pull and it goes out! But i dont know to the millisecond! I will go out when i pull but not like brute force! I dont like disable the first stage just almot reduce to almost nothing the length and this diference is very important!
Thank you
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

Hello!
Is my target 0 number 3!
This shots i failed is because im not 100% focus!
The trigger like ir is i tested moments ago and is posssible to dont know when the shot is go out!
I squezze the trigger so litle that i dont know when is gonna he out!
I make two tens this way!
Thank you
Attachments
IMG_4215.jpeg
IMG_4215.jpeg (86.39 KiB) Viewed 602 times
10 meter Shooter
David M

Post by David M »

gps500_ammo_test.jpg
25m Sport Pistol....with two stage trigger. ( Walther GSP500 )
Maybe if I change the trigger I would not have shot the 8 ?
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Gwhite wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:44 am When you get a good shot, try to think about EVERY detail that went into that result. That will help to make them happen more often, and if something is not right, it will help you identify it BEFORE you take the bad shot.

When you get a bad shot, think about what might have caused it, and what corrective change would have prevented it.
I find that if I am managing to concentrate/totally focus on the front sight (you know, that small nick on the top edge) to the exclusion of all else, I am unable to think back through the shot to determine what went right. I just cannot recall. My conscious mind does not appear to have stored that information. OTOH, if I'm thinking through my shot as I shoot, everything, including my trigger control, becomes deliberate, takes too long and is usually not my best.

Bob
10metershooterazores

BobGee wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:38 pm
Gwhite wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:44 am When you get a good shot, try to think about EVERY detail that went into that result. That will help to make them happen more often, and if something is not right, it will help you identify it BEFORE you take the bad shot.

When you get a bad shot, think about what might have caused it, and what corrective change would have prevented it.
I find that if I am managing to concentrate/totally focus on the front sight (you know, that small nick on the top edge) to the exclusion of all else, I am unable to think back through the shot to determine what went right. I just cannot recall. My conscious mind does not appear to have stored that information. OTOH, if I'm thinking through my shot as I shoot, everything, including my trigger control, becomes deliberate, takes too long and is usually not my best.

Bob
Now, with practice i can understand whats went rong, at least some times… example: my last target was om a different high that the club and what to mechanical trained to do, when i try to compensate i move my arm!
I have only second
Stage but is not to imstantanly, i staet pressing the trigger very very soft amd constant amd when i know the shot already have been shot!
I didnt cancel the first stage, just maoe it so small that doesnt exist! Do you understant the diference? Cancel make it too gross, too fast…make is smallee let it soft!
Thank you
10 meter Shooter
Rover

Post by Rover »

Maybe our members would like to see where you're coming from since little is known about the place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z7_Dq_aGoA
10metershooterazores

Rover wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:19 am Maybe our members would like to see where you're coming from since little is known about the place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z7_Dq_aGoA
Thank you! Azores and the island i am for “Terceira Island” are beaultiful!
Thanks for sharing!
Abraço da terceira
10 meter Shooter
10metershooterazores

My targer 0 of 60 shots! Some are because fault of focus, the others i dont e know and 4 was the wind because i practice outside and is very windy!
Thank you
Attachments
IMG_4248.jpeg
IMG_4248.jpeg (105.08 KiB) Viewed 449 times
10 meter Shooter
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If it's that windy, dry fire inside. Practicing shooting poorly won't help your technique. You will only get better at shooting poorly.
10metershooterazores

Tonigth in the club i made 511 points! Belliow i send the targets! 5 shots-12 targets
Attachments
IMG_4264.jpeg
10 meter Shooter