BANJO MUSIC ?!?!?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

BANJO MUSIC ?!?!?

Post by atomicgale »

BANJO MUSIC ?I?I?

They blasted us with BANJO MUSIC with 5 minutes to go at the second match WAG. Oh man!!! I know another athlete & I were both late on time & behind on our shot count, then they bust us with BANJO MUSIC!!!

I guess they took as credible my promise to "Take a Zero" & shoot the speakers out if they played any more VILLAGE PEOPLE (we have Juniors competing, people!). But, BANJO MUSIC?????

You're trying to concentrate, but all you can hear in your head is ". . . and then one day he was shootin' at some food . . . and up thru the ground came a Bubblin' Crude!" I mean, I know I'm from an Appalachian Super-Fund Site, but I done left my black-powder air pistol back at the Moonshine Still with Jeffro to bust them 'polecats, 'cuz TSA wouldn't check a Blunder-Bus thru customs.

BANJO MUSIC!!!

Really?
Rover

Re: BANJO MUSIC ?!?!?

Post by Rover »

Fear not, our Moderator Spencer will severely chastise them by removing any coverage of the event.
william

Post by william »

I think the mention of "Moonshine" will trigger expungement of the entire thread and severe punishment for all who so much as peek at it.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Please keep in mind that our host is in Tennessee, where both banjos and moonshine are not uncommon...
toddinjax

Post by toddinjax »

Definition of a gentleman is a man who knows how to play banjo but doesn't.
william

Post by william »

Banjos and Christmas music make me grateful for my tinnitus.
javaduke

Post by javaduke »

Hm, was it Colo Springs or Perry WAG location? In Colorado Springs they had some very calming medieval lute music, but on day 1 and 2 of the matches nothing but classic rock. I was happy for the juniors, it's their only opportunity to listen to good music instead of their usual gangsta rap, but my scores were way down because instead of shooting I was singing and dancing all the time. Oh well, maybe next time they will play some Finnish industrial trash metal...
Rover

Post by Rover »

Were there "pig squeals" following the banjo music?

I gots to know!
mus

Post by mus »

It could have been worse I guess.
Like a rare recording of Assembled Bagpipes Of The Highlands.
Careful what you wish for!
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

If they play bagpipe music, the Red Hot Chili Pipers are pretty good.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Rover wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:37 am Fear not, our Moderator Spencer will severely chastise them by removing any coverage of the event.
Nah! Not me!
I can appreciate well played banjo music, but not convinced that is suitable as background to a competition.
Season's greetings to all.
william

Post by william »

Spencer wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:28 pm
Rover wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:37 am Fear not, our Moderator Spencer will severely chastise them by removing any coverage of the event.
Nah! Not me!
I can appreciate well played banjo music, but not convinced that is suitable as background to a competition.
Season's greetings to all.
Apparently somebody doesn't like beer, because any mention goes bye-bye, even though I can't recall anybody ever suggesting beer is either a suitable accompaniment to a competition or a suitable nutrient for junior shooters.
David M

Post by David M »

How about Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture with live Cannons, will add both sound, smoke and smell of gunpowder.
Merry Xmas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8
Rover

Post by Rover »

Considering the state of the Olympic Committee and the season, I suggest "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies."
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

David M wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:20 am How about Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture with live Cannons,
Any Composer who would orchestrate FIELD ARTILLERY as a Musical Instrument, would pass muster with me!
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

An acquaintance from many years ago played in an orchestra. They would travel around during the summer, and one of their signature pieces was the 1812. They brought their own small black powder cannons. I forget if they flew or went by bus, but because of limits on how much black powder an individual could travel with, a significant number of orchestra members were each issued their own small can of powder to keep the cannons fed.

I forget how they did the timing. They may have had an electronic ignition system. If they used a standard fuse, they'd have to light them a beat/measure or two before the boom was required.