Initial point on the target -before lowering ?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

400driver

Initial point on the target -before lowering ?

Post by 400driver »

10 M air rifle.
Having lifted off the tripod and settled into a position where you are stable and looking over the sights toward the target, when lowering your eyes into the sights, how much above the target center should it be before commencing the descent?

All the Scatt traces show the good shooters having a green trace that lowers itself into the final hold position. I have the MEC book and have been watching a lots of Heinz's videos and on the one linked below about NPA , he seems to suggest that when he lowers his eyes into the sights that it is pointing at the 10 ring on the target and if not ,he moves his body position to change his NPA.

https://youtu.be/XdXsSzRKXXw?si=QVHqg2x_ommlDMw1

Any tips? I have been lowering my eyes into the sights and the rifle is pointing just above the black. I am just getting started and am shooting around the 90-96( decimal scoring) range but noticed that when i Lowered my sights and the rifle was already on the target , that is when I broke 100 for the first time. Was that luck or should I stick with the lowering method?
Many thanks.
Mark
loadcc

Re: Initial point on the target -before lowering ?

Post by loadcc »

400driver wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:49 am ...... I have been lowering my eyes into the sights and the rifle is pointing just above the black. ........
Many thanks.
Mark
i do the same way as your before,i need try the second way ,and make a compare to find the better