HN Match Green .177 leadfree pellets

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
CamelNL

HN Match Green .177 leadfree pellets

Post by CamelNL »

Has anyone tried the HN Match Green .177 leadfree pellets? Are these pellets just a accurate as the lead versions?

Greetings

schauckis

Re: HN Match Green .177 leadfree pellets

Post by schauckis »

Yes, but not systematically.
Note they are very light @ 0,34g. Lead pellets are +/- 0,5g.
The group consistently but in my gun not as well as the heavy 0,525g lead pellets. However, your gun may be different.
Since they are so light and current pistols obviously are rifled for ca. 0,5g pellets, adjusting the velocity might help. I did not try.

- Lars/Finland
mus

Post by mus »

Everybody can make their own decisions but I've never seen a test anywhere in which lead free pellets performed equally well as lead based ones.

So I'll stick to the latter for as long as possible/allowed.

Just use them in a well ventilated area (shooting range) and wash your hands after handling them.
Rover

Post by Rover »

The only reason to use these is if you are using a very low-powered gun. The price is ridiculously high for something that confers ZERO advantage.

As far as "lead poisoning protection" is concerned, you will find plenty of posts here telling of the pointlessness of any mitigation efforts with air pistols.

So, don't bother.
kqrxbn

Post by kqrxbn »

I have shot tens of thousands of those and have nothing to complain about. I have never shot them from a rest, but in my practical shooting I've not noticed any problems with precision. I use them because when shooting indoors at home, metal dust is unavoidable and I can afford to avoid (for me and my family) additional exposure to lead.

At some point I should do a proper test, but they have worked quite well up to 25 metres outdoors in my LP 50 as well (on calm days). As a disclaimer, I need to mention I hold no world records.