Morini CM84E or Pardini FPM?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lwy.todd.lu

Morini CM84E or Pardini FPM?

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

Hi champs~
I’m thinking of shooting some 50m. So start looking for free pistol. It seems like Morini CM84E has dominated the market. But the design of Pardini FPM convinces me at some point where the barrel is at much lower position so theoretically it may gives shooters better recoil control? It’s just my wild guess. And FPM looks prettier and cooler to me lol.
BTW, Pardini don’t produce FPE any more?
Rover

Re: Morini CM84E or Pardini FPM?

Post by Rover »

"And FPM looks prettier and cooler to me lol."

Well, there's your answer! Be sure to contact Clarence Perkins for tips on the benefits of farkling. It's bound to enhance your scores.
rmca

Post by rmca »

You won't go wrong with either, but the CM84e has dominated for a reason(s)...
If the CM84e didn't exist, I would probably go with the FPM. It has an excellent mechanical trigger.

Try to get both in your hand (even if it's not at the same time), because much of the decision is subjective.
But it seams to me like you already decided... ;)

Hope this helps
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

rmca wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:56 am You won't go wrong with either, but the CM84e has dominated for a reason(s)...
If the CM84e didn't exist, I would probably go with the FPM. It has an excellent mechanical trigger.

Try to get both in your hand (even if it's not at the same time), because much of the decision is subjective.
But it seams to me like you already decided... ;)

Hope this helps
I have tried CM84e a couple of days ago. I can't really give any feedback because it's the very first free pistol I've ever shot.
We don't have much people shooting 50m in our club so cannot get a FPM hands on. I'll try to ask around see if I can find a FPM to try.

Hm... I wish I could make a decision that quick. That's why I'm seeking advices on the forum as well. But yeah like you said, get both in my hand first. Like lately I got both P8X and LP500 hands-on, instantly I could call that P8X has much better trigger.
william

Post by william »

"...instantly I could call that P8X has much better trigger." No, you can't. All you can really say is that you like the P8X trigger better.

Other than the fact that it doesn't have the dashing good looks and other assorted farkles of the 2 free pistols you've looked at, why don't you save a bunch of money and look at a TOZ35 / 35M? I feel safe betting, you'll never out-shoot it.
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

william wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:18 pm "...instantly I could call that P8X has much better trigger." No, you can't.
Such wonderful words of encouragement from William!
william

Post by william »

Encouragement is Rover's job. Mine is to point out the obvious.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well, did you get the farkling info from Perkins?
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. But to be honest, I was expecting something more advisable like some user’s experience etc. so I know what should I pay attention on when I get a chance to try both. If they are pretty much neck to neck, of course I would pick one that looks prettier to me.
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

Rover wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:52 am Well, did you get the farkling info from Perkins?
Sorry who is Perkins?
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

william wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:18 pm "...instantly I could call that P8X has much better trigger." No, you can't. All you can really say is that you like the P8X trigger better.

Other than the fact that it doesn't have the dashing good looks and other assorted farkles of the 2 free pistols you've looked at, why don't you save a bunch of money and look at a TOZ35 / 35M? I feel safe betting, you'll never out-shoot it.
I prefer to get a new gun I think. Less hassle.

I doubt there are a lot of shooters like the mechanic trigger on LP500.
6string

Post by 6string »

It looks like you’re in the EU.
You have so many great choices on the used market in Europe, usually for very low prices. Both the Morini and Pardini you mention are extremely expensive. For the cost of either one you could pick up three or four excellent classic free pistols. Then, you can truly learn what works best for you.
Besides the TOZ (which I personally don’t prefer) there are several excellent models of Hämmerli (100 series, 150 & 160 mechanic, 152 & 162 electronic), Steyr, older Pardini (the FPM is almost a reissue of the older K22), and the incredible German-made Pfuff. The latter is, I believe, available once again newly made. It is a superb design.
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

Thanks 6string. That’s great info. I’ll research those ones you mentioned.
I’m in Australia so a bit lack of resource I reckon lol.
Rover

Post by Rover »

lwy.todd.lu wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:13 pm
Rover wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:52 am Well, did you get the farkling info from Perkins?
Sorry who is Perkins?
Jeez! You guys; worrying about crap stuff like silly pellet diameters and such, while neglecting critically important posts!

https://targettalk.org/search.php?keywo ... mit=Search
6string

Post by 6string »

lwy.todd.lu wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:43 am Thanks 6string. That’s great info. I’ll research those ones you mentioned.
Hi,
Oh, I saw the ".lu" in your user name and mistakenly thought it meant Luxembourg.
Is Potter firearms still around? They were associated with our wonderful host, Pilkington.
Their website used to feature a lot of old Hämmerli free pistols for very good prices.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Hi lwy.todd.lu,

I'm in Sydney and have a couple of FPs you might be interested in. I shoot a Hammerli/Walther FP60 but have a TOZ35M and a Steyr Match (only 1000 made) which I wish to part with. If you live close enough, I'd be happy to let you try them at my club's range. I'll PM you my contact details.

Bob
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

6string wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:41 pm
lwy.todd.lu wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:43 am Thanks 6string. That’s great info. I’ll research those ones you mentioned.
Hi,
Oh, I saw the ".lu" in your user name and mistakenly thought it meant Luxembourg.
Is Potter firearms still around? They were associated with our wonderful host, Pilkington.
Their website used to feature a lot of old Hämmerli free pistols for very good prices.
Ha~ yeah Potter Firearms is still alive. I know Mr. B Quick the Olympian. I bought my MG2 from him. I think I’ll meet him at Oceanian Championships next week and will ask for free pistol. Thanks for that.
lwy.todd.lu

Post by lwy.todd.lu »

BobGee wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:06 am Hi lwy.todd.lu,

I'm in Sydney and have a couple of FPs you might be interested in. I shoot a Hammerli/Walther FP60 but have a TOZ35M and a Steyr Match (only 1000 made) which I wish to part with. If you live close enough, I'd be happy to let you try them at my club's range. I'll PM you my contact details.

Bob
Hi Bob~

I’m on the Gold Coast. That sounds awesome. Thanks for your offer. But I won’t get into 50m until next year. Do you mind if I pass your contact to one of our club member who is planning to get a free pistol too?

Cheers
Todd
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

Hi Todd,

No problem.

Bob