KK500

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

shuidandan

KK500

Post by shuidandan »

Hi,
I am purchasing a kk500 for my daughter online. one thing is confusing me. What is the difference between The model number 2810000(which showing in waltherarms.com) and 2863928M(which showing in carl-walther.com). The pictures all look same. Any advices? Thanks,
justadude

Re: KK500

Post by justadude »

It is a good question as every time I click on something in the waltherarms.com website I get beamed over to carl-walther.com.

The rifle in carl-walther.com that matches 2863928M is your bread and butter KK500 Expert. No electronic trigger, no special (green) pigment to the wood parts, a standard weight barrel and not the anatomic stock.

If you provide a link to the page in waltherarms.com I/we can look and see if there is anything different. Bottom line though, if the description is KK500 Expert with Mechanical Trigger then it looks like the same gun. If it says anything about Blacktec, Electronic trigger, Anatomic or 'Green Pepper' it is not the same gun.

'dude
Bob Foth

Post by Bob Foth »

There are 3 different barrel options too:
650 mm light (thinner diameter)
650mm regular
690mm regular (heaviest)

You should specify R or L hand and Walther does have different size grips too.
shuidandan

Post by shuidandan »

justadude wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:25 am It is a good question as every time I click on something in the waltherarms.com website I get beamed over to carl-walther.com.

The rifle in carl-walther.com that matches 2863928M is your bread and butter KK500 Expert. No electronic trigger, no special (green) pigment to the wood parts, a standard weight barrel and not the anatomic stock.

If you provide a link to the page in waltherarms.com I/we can look and see if there is anything different. Bottom line though, if the description is KK500 Expert with Mechanical Trigger then it looks like the same gun. If it says anything about Blacktec, Electronic trigger, Anatomic or 'Green Pepper' it is not the same gun.

'dude
Thanks for the valuable input. here is what I meant. model#2810000 in https://waltherarms.com/kk500-m-expert-690mm-right-m and model# 286328M in https://carl-walther.com/sport/products/p/2863928M
They are both 690mm and right hand and M grip. Same? Thanks!
shuidandan

Post by shuidandan »

Bob Foth wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:57 am There are 3 different barrel options too:
650 mm light (thinner diameter)
650mm regular
690mm regular (heaviest)

You should specify R or L hand and Walther does have different size grips too.
what is the best website or store I can go? I only see few available online. Thanks!
Bob Foth

Post by Bob Foth »

Looks like you are seeing the same rifle on both the waltherarms.com (US Importer) website and carl-walther.com (Manufacturer).
Your profile does not list your location at all.
Some buyers choose by proximity, some by presence at matches, recommendations or comfort level, in-stock availability, etc.
Walther has an excellent dealer network in the US and there are none that I would steer you away from.
Enough athletes choose the KK500 as their best option that it is hard to keep up with the demand.
shuidandan

Post by shuidandan »

Thanks for the comments, the profile updated. I am in New York area.
Bob Foth wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:23 am Looks like you are seeing the same rifle on both the waltherarms.com (US Importer) website and carl-walther.com (Manufacturer).
Your profile does not list your location at all.
Some buyers choose by proximity, some by presence at matches, recommendations or comfort level, in-stock availability, etc.
Walther has an excellent dealer network in the US and there are none that I would steer you away from.
Enough athletes choose the KK500 as their best option that it is hard to keep up with the demand.
jhmIII

Post by jhmIII »

How big is your daughter?
For a gal or smaller guy, the lite barrel makes it a touch lighter and if necessary you can always add weight (either in the stock under the bbl or on the rail)
My daughter shot one a few years ago and had both those weights added as well as a Upta tube/tuner on the front.
(My daughter shot an Anschutz 1918 prior to the KK, so she could handle the weight, but still wanted the lite bbl and then added until she felt comfortable)
Moore

Post by Moore »

I wont tell you where to get one from, But I can tell you its a fine precision rifle.. I'm way to old to have one but I do and I enjoy it.
shuidandan

Post by shuidandan »

She is 64''. I don't see any lightweight available (in stock) online and would like to get it done in this week.
jhmIII wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:16 pm How big is your daughter?
For a gal or smaller guy, the lite barrel makes it a touch lighter and if necessary you can always add weight (either in the stock under the bbl or on the rail)
My daughter shot one a few years ago and had both those weights added as well as a Upta tube/tuner on the front.
(My daughter shot an Anschutz 1918 prior to the KK, so she could handle the weight, but still wanted the lite bbl and then added until she felt comfortable)
rbsev

Post by rbsev »

Call Neal Stepp
International Shooters Service
2319 E. Loop 820 N., Fort Worth, Texas 76118-7103

Telephone 817-595-2090

or

Janet Raab at Walther Arms
479-242-8500
shuidandan

Post by shuidandan »

I got one online and received today. thanks everyone!
matorre

Post by matorre »

Lock time and trigger are awesome.
M.
Regards,
Michael