Meritec Target LED mini review.

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

m1963

Meritec Target LED mini review.

Post by m1963 »

I have been using a Meritec Target LED for about two years now with a Scatt Basic.

What I have found is that the Scatt Basic quickly picks up the LED target, no matter what distance "center" I use. Also, it works well even in bright, but diffuse light. (Note- The particular color on the back of the device makes no difference.)

From a user standpoint, away from home in a hotel or an at an airBnB, the device is easy to set up and one is able to quickly begin practice using their Scatt device

What I do not like- the brightness settings button is fiddly. It should be an on/off, 1, 2, or 3 brightness setting switch. That would be very nice. As it is, the button is hit/miss, for me. I have to press it multiple times to get the brightness setting I need.

I would recommend the Meritec LED target to others who want to practice with a Scatt device on the road. It makes set up easy, and quick. There is no hunting for a target picture- such as one experiences with a paper target under questionable lighting conditions- like a hotel.

https://sportshootingdepot.com/product/target-led/

Is anyone else using this? What are your findings?
lyoke3

Re: Meritec Target LED mini review.

Post by lyoke3 »

Good review.

I agree it is an easy button for Scatt as all the units I have had have picked it up.

The brightness setting needs work for sure. A setting about half as dim as the lowest current setting would be nice.

The magnets on the back will fall off. It's more of a when rather than an if. Get them secured as soon as you start using the unit as they are a pain to get back on.

I keep it in my kit so I can dry-fire when traveling.
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
m1963

Re: Meritec Target LED mini review.

Post by m1963 »

I had not encountered a problem with the magnets. I will check mine. Thank you.