Anschutz 1907/1912 trigger adjustment

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

PaulB

Anschutz 1907/1912 trigger adjustment

Post by PaulB »

I have several 1907/1912 rifles used by my college team. Yesterday, I had a shooter that was able to shoot one shot and then the sear would not engage. I tried to adjust the screw that the manual says controls the engagement, but to no avail. Now, no matter what I try, I cannot get it to work.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

How can I tell if something is broken, or not?
How can I adjust the trigger from scratch?
Any suggestions on a gunsmith who might be able to help me.
PaulB

Re: Anschutz 1907/1912 trigger adjustment

Post by PaulB »

Also, here is a link to the manual.

https://www.usermanuals.tech/d/anschutz ... al/index/2
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Paul,

Before making any further adjustments I'd check the trigger housing is screwed firmly onto the receiver; it can work loose, and then the firing pin can override the catch. You'll need to remove the stock first. This is not a bad idea anyway as you can see the trigger internals.

Once you're sure the trigger is on tight, go back to adjustment. So everyone understands the issue, do you mean when you work the bolt the firing pin collapses forwards overriding the trigger? Or that the firing pin cocks properly but the trigger doesn't break?

For problem 1 I'd look at sear engagement (catch overlap in Anschutz speak) and weight. Normally the issue is too little resistance to the firing pin.
Last edited by Tim S on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhmIII

Post by jhmIII »

Ditto to Tim's statement ... that is almost always the case - especially the rear trigger housing screw.

Way back when - our state 4-H program necessitated the use of very heavy triggers requiring us to swap triggers out. this issue was common.
Once we got the state to conform to real rules (i.e. what they used at nationals) we have a stash of some heavy triggers someplace now.