Morini trigger issue

A place to discuss specific issues with the new SASP disciplines

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Zornitsa

Morini trigger issue

Post by Zornitsa »

Hello guys.I dont think thats the right place to ask but i cannot find a solution.i have Morini CM air pistol.While im pulling slowly the trigger ,tryin to be smooth as possible some seconds in i feel like theres a bump or something that i have to pull harder to get thru before it comes to the the releasing of the shoot.The thing is i dont feel this always,and feel like it appears randomly.Also when im pulling the trigger and HAVE FELT it ,but i want to deny the shot for some reason ,when i raise the pistol again and start to dial its freewheel i dont feel that bump/obstacle /(or something that i have to press harder to go thru)and pulling is smooth as it should be.the happening makes it very difficult for me to shoot and compete because it confuses me while shooting.SORRY for the bad english ,im not from US and very young.
David M

Re: Morini trigger issue

Post by David M »

Sounds like you have too little weight on second stage giving inconsistant feel and re-set.
The Morini trigger pull is to load the first stage bar until the second stage bar is contacted.
Continue pulling with contact the micro switch and fire the shot.
If the second stage weight is too light then the micro switch re-set will be inconsistant.
Try setting the first stage to 300-350g and second stage to 150-200g. (Minimum 80g)
Also check the micro switch setting. Set in to shot release then back off 1/4 to 1/3 turn.