Wider rear sight for Walther GSP

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Morini162

Wider rear sight for Walther GSP

Post by Morini162 »

I have been shooting a Walther GSP for 43 years.
It came with 3 rear sight blades but with increasing age I find i need a wider rear sight than even the No 8.
The blade fits into the rear sight base which has a notch itself.
I think the option would be to make a new wider rear blade and fix it so that it covers the notch on the base.
This will increase the elevation but I think that can be compensated for by adjusting the rear sight itself.

Would appreciate any thoughts.
robjob

Re: Wider rear sight for Walther GSP

Post by robjob »

I just took the blades off and use the notch in the rear sight.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Fix it yourself. Take the smallest blade (most useless) and open it with a Swiss file. You really can't screw up.

MY preferred method would be to take a 3/16" chainsaw file (very cheap at the hardware store) and file a
half-moon notch. It's REALLY hard to screw it up. The Russians were very successful with this. I like it a lot.
Mike M.

Post by Mike M. »

Rover wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:43 pm MY preferred method would be to take a 3/16" chainsaw file and file a
half-moon notch. It's REALLY hard to screw it up. The Russians were very successful with this. I like it a lot.
I've thought about trying something along those lines myself. My Toz-35 came with the full sight set, including half-moon rear sight blades. And I find that I shoot muzzle-loaders with V and U notches better than a Patridge sight.