FWB 800 parts problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

James Storm

FWB 800 parts problem

Post by James Storm »

I have been having trouble finding replacement parts for FWB equipment. I am on a 6 month so far waiting list to replace a small part on the butt assembly of my FWB 800X. I am also without luck in getting the small plastic hood that covers the front part of the rear sight on the 800 series rifles. This part is held on with 3 small plastic arms which have a hook on their ends. The hook breaks off without notice and then the hood follows. No dealers have parts and they seem to be chronically waiting for the next shipment from Germany, but the shipment often does not come. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? James Storm
kevinweiho

Re: FWB 800 parts problem

Post by kevinweiho »

Visit the FWB website, download the exploded diagram and quote the parts you need. No need to wait six months or more from your dealer.

https://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Home
spektr

Post by spektr »

I think I have a spare sight hood, I got mine a while back at ChampChoice along with a bunch of other little pieces.
Dmaryakh

Post by Dmaryakh »

James Storm wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:58 pm I have been having trouble finding replacement parts for FWB equipment. I am on a 6 month so far waiting list to replace a small part on the butt assembly of my FWB 800X. I am also without luck in getting the small plastic hood that covers the front part of the rear sight on the 800 series rifles. This part is held on with 3 small plastic arms which have a hook on their ends. The hook breaks off without notice and then the hood follows. No dealers have parts and they seem to be chronically waiting for the next shipment from Germany, but the shipment often does not come. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? James Storm
James, SportShootinfDepot is an authorized FWB dealer and we have several parts and guns shipment scheduled through the fall. Let me know what part do you want and we can include it with our next inventory shipment

Here is how you can reach us - contact@sportshootingdepot.com
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

Thanks to my respondents. ShootingSportsDepot said they would try to add the part to their fall order. With the sights on my 300 and 600s being so substantial, I am surprised that FWB didn't continue with sights of the same quality in the 800 series.
Dmaryakh

Post by Dmaryakh »

Hi James!

I am the same David that responded to you from SportShootingDepot. Working on getting the hoods for your sights quoted - a bit slowed down because of summer vacations at FWB.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

On a separate FWB 800x problem, Oberle has been most helpful.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

For nearly 7 months I waited without success with several prominent suppliers looking for a small FWB part. I got vague promises but no further contacts and no part. About 2 weeks ago I found Oberle Enterprises, contacted them and today my part arrived. What a difference! I can highly recommend Oberle. Jim Storm