New Account

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

OdieRedmond

New Account

Post by OdieRedmond »

Hello,
I was previously “Anschutz,” for about ten (10) years then laptop crashed and bought an IPad Pro. This is a restart with my nickname and last name to prove-not a scammer. Several or more on here know me for references, should I buy or sale again.
Thanks,
OdieR…..
dulcmr-man

Re: New Account

Post by dulcmr-man »

Not sure why a computer crash and/or new hardware would impact your account here. User names and passwords are tracked by this site, not solely on your hardware. Can you explain?
OdieRedmond

Post by OdieRedmond »

No comment.
rbsev

Post by rbsev »

dulcmr-man wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:37 pm Not sure why a computer crash and/or new hardware would impact your account here. User names and passwords are tracked by this site, not solely on your hardware. Can you explain?
let me describe my situation, maybe I can get an answer to my dilemma. I've been a member on this site since 2004, same username "rbs" and password. Recently when attempting to login, my password wasn't recognized, so I sent a request to reset my password, several times, with no response. I had written to administrators, still no response. In the meantime I see an item for sale that I was interested in, and in desperation rejoined the site with a different username and email address. Evidently the seller was contacted by one of the site's sleuths, that since I only had joined the site and had 1 post that I must be a "scammer" or "ghost" as the seller described. Maybe someone could explain how sending someone money for an item is a scam? If there is a risk involved in this scenario, it would certainly be the person sending the money, especially if payment was through a system such as PayPal. I would like to restore my original user name and, definitely not a "scammer".
Rod Severns
member in good standing since 2004
m1963

Post by m1963 »

rbsev-

Moderators do not see password reset requests, or emails about password resets. Resets are automatically generated and sent to the email on file. It is possible the email one originally registered with (which is on file) is not the one they are currently using. Password resets are only sent to the original (on file) email.

Users may want to check their email on file to see that it is current.

From the top right icon with your user name select the down arrow, select Profile, select Edit Account Settings, and double check the email on file. Update as needed.

Buying and selling on anonymous boards can be challenging, especially with the added problem of scammers. Third party comments on sales can be problematic. (The third party commenter may be altruistic, though some appear to be trying to quash a sale for unclear reasons.)

Buyers, and sellers, must make their own choices regarding which transactions to complete.

Sincerely,
m1963/Brad

Screenshot showing where to look for email address on file...
Attachments
IMG_0331.jpeg
rbsev

Post by rbsev »

obviously I cannot get into my original account. I did edit my current account to change to my original email address and was given this message

The entered email address is already in use.

so my original email is still in the system, but still no response for resetting my password, help!
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Noted, and forwarded to technical support for review.
rbsev

Post by rbsev »

thank you, appreciate your help
OdieRedmond

Post by OdieRedmond »

rbsev wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:08 am obviously I cannot get into my original account. I did edit my current account to change to my original email address and was given this message

The entered email address is already in use.

so my original email is still in the system, but still no response for resetting my password, help!
Rod,
I’ll comment, because I know you via a few emails and your ASSA posts. The same thing happened to me, except I did purchase a rear sight with only two posts, because I pm’d a few references. Although there’s certainly nothing wrong with using initials, comic names, etc., as a User Name, I’m good with my nickname and last name.
Regards,
Odie
m1963

Post by m1963 »

Just an FYI, the board administration is aware of the potential issue and are investigating.

Thank you, everyone, for your help!