Walther Grip Size

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Nopro

Walther Grip Size

Post by Nopro »

Anyone know where to find the official Walther LP500 grip size chart? I can't find it on their website. Their downloads list the sizes but not how to pick one.
Gwhite

Re: Walther Grip Size

Post by Gwhite »

I've attached the latest version of my grip size chart. There's no guarantee the various vendors haven't tweaked things, but it's more complete than any other reference I've found.

Additions & corrections always welcome.
Grip Sizes Ver 3.xls
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

Gwhite wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:27 pm I've attached the latest version of my grip size chart. There's no guarantee the various vendors haven't tweaked things, but it's more complete than any other reference I've found.

Additions & corrections always welcome.

Grip Sizes Ver 3.xls
Thanks. I can attest to he accuracy of the Walther sizing having recently obtained a large LH 3D grip that fits my hand very well.
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
McMadCow

Post by McMadCow »

In my experience, my Walther grip ran very large.
I ran a Rink L on my old FWB P44, and I needed to putty it up to properly fill out my hand. The L grip on my LP500 on the other hand- I've had to carve it out almost equally in order to get the same fit. It's pretty damn big in comparison.
BobGee

Post by BobGee »

McMadCow wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:16 pm I ran a Rink L on my old FWB P44, and I needed to putty it up to properly fill out my hand.
Exactly my experience with the Rink grip on a P44. I even got Thomas to make mine a “thick” grip but it was not enough. I had to putty-up the front strap quite significantly and under the heel of my palm.

Bob
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I bought a Rink Medium for my MatchGuns MG2, and found it a bit small. I bought a Rink Large, and it's better, but the difference between the two feels a lot less than the nominal 5 mm in width. Grip fitting is a very nebulous process...