Advice - grip angle

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
mus

Advice - grip angle

Post by mus »

The grip angle/slant on my Feinwerkbau Modell 2 cannot be altered, it's fixed in place. See attached exploded view; the grip screws pass through the indicated holes in the frame + grip halves.
FWB2_exploded_view2.jpg
I find that I can keep the pistol much more steady when tipping the barrel up, misaligning the sights.
It's also easier to keep it steady with an overstretched wrist, tipping the barrel down and once again misaligning the sights.

Would anybody have any advice on how I can improve my hold with the current grip angle, locking my wrist in that particular position while keeping the sights aligned?

(For its age the pistol is in remarkable shape, including the grip, so I'd rather not mess with it if I can help it.)

Thanks!

John
Rover

Re: Advice - grip angle

Post by Rover »

Kneadable epoxy putty at the hardware store.
mus

Post by mus »

Thanks, I'll look into that.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

2-part epoxy putty "tootsie rolls" are good for grip modification. PC Lumber and Kwikwood are 2 very common brands.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Tip - some of the kneadable epoxies are quick setting, sometimes less than a couple of minutes. You want the slow-setting type (PC Lumber is one), it's much easier to work and mold to your hand. Kwikwood is the opposite, it actually gets warm immediately and sets quickly. Not sure what brands you may find available near you, but if in doubt, experiment first! It's possible to pop off a mistake with a stiff blade, so it's not a tragedy if it doesn't work out.
hurt

Post by hurt »

Surprisingly, a light touch with a low flame blowtorch for 10-15 seconds, whilst moving it around the “patch area” will allow the “patch” to easily be pryed off, once it gets sufficiently warm, no grinding involved. Then you can try a different amount or shape of epoxy putty. Once you get close, a little grinding to modify is easily done.
Rover

Post by Rover »

hurt wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:17 pm Surprisingly, a light touch with a low flame blowtorch for 10-15 seconds, whilst moving it around the “patch area” will allow the “patch” to easily be pryed off, once it gets sufficiently warm, no grinding involved. Then you can try a different amount or shape of epoxy putty. Once you get close, a little grinding to modify is easily done.
Good one! I'll remember that.
mus

Post by mus »

Thanks again for the tips!
I'm currently reading up on what I'm supposed to be looking for in attaining 'the perfect grip'. There's much more to this than I thought at first...

In case it benefits anybody else, one particularly extensive resource I've found is the following:
http://www.airforceshooting.org/GripFitting.pdf