Youth program in SF Bay Area?

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

dcg

Youth program in SF Bay Area?

Post by dcg »

Hi everyone, I’m totally new to guns. My teenagers got interested in Olympic air pistol game after spending winter with their cousin in Canada (who does 10m air pistol competitions). I would love to find a club or training program for them to get started. Unfortunately couldn’t find such things near by, the closest I found was an USA shooting center in LA. There are a few gun clubs in Bay Area but they are mostly for adults who train for real guns. any advise? (I suppose we could move to other states but that is not an option, not yet :)

Thanks!
m1963

Re: Youth program in SF Bay Area?

Post by m1963 »

Info from the CMP today. Perhaps it will help you. Just search your location.

https://thecmp.org/competitions/matches ... g-matches/
PeeWeeDaddy

Post by PeeWeeDaddy »

It is not a formal program but in Bay Point (Diablo R&G) we have informal 10m matches January through May on 2nd and 4th Fridays of every month. The rest of the year you can practice 10M indoor every Friday night. This is a self help program. You help set up. You help tear down. We have air arms for youth they can borrow. There is very little instruction available but it is a place to practice. If you do live in San Francisco you need not be told about the traffic issues especially on Friday nights but at least you get out of San Francisco if for only a few hours. Maybe it will convince you to move for good.

We are shooting this Friday night starting at 6pm.
Maybe stop by and talk to the folks??
Up to you.
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
lerg

Post by lerg »

pm sent
dcg

Post by dcg »

Thanks everyone for great info! @PeeWeeDaddy , driving is not much of a problem as opposed to schedules, my Friday nights are packed :) but that could a good place for practice once we get into routine. Are there good number of teenagers in your groups?
PeeWeeDaddy

Post by PeeWeeDaddy »

No
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."