Introducing mus - no rookie but new here

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

mus

Introducing mus - no rookie but new here

Post by mus »

Hi fellow enthusiasts, John here, from the Netherlands.

I've been active in the sport for some decades now, doing mainly semi-benchrest shooting (air, RF and CF) but last year I acquired an immaculate Feinwerkbau Modell 2 from a club member for 10 meter air pistol shooting - which is a fully different universe from what I've been used to all these years.
You'll be able to find me under this alias on other forums too but here at tt.org I hope to learn a lot about the olympic pistol disciplines specifically. Not that I have any hopes left of competing at any serious level (at 52 with deteriorating physique overall and eyesight in particular) but as an enthusiastic amateur I do enjoy it a lot. Well, most of the time anyway... ;)

Bye for now,
John
Rover

Re: Introducing mus - no rookie but new here

Post by Rover »

What we really need to know about you is whether you drink Bud Light, and do you prefer Bols or bourbon.

With the excellent pistol you have acquired, it's all on you now, brother.
mus

Post by mus »

Bud Light? Ehm, I'm a homebrewer so that's very close to an insult, you know. I'll forgive you this once :D

Rutte, Zuidam, Bokma, Filliers, Bols: as long as it's Oude or Corenwijn I won't say no. (But there's a time and place for everything.)

Yes, I know, the FWB2 will probably outshoot me for the rest of my 'career'. Practice, practice, practice...
atomicgale
Location: Copperhill Tennessee USA (a registered CERCLA superfund site)

Post by atomicgale »

mus wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:32 am Bud Light? Ehm, I'm a homebrewer so that's very close to an insult, you know. I'll forgive you this once :D
. . . "close to an insult" . . . don't worry, soon Rover will totally cross the line . . . .

Welcome to TargetTalk.
mus

Post by mus »

Yep, well done.