Trigger blade to finger pad pressure

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lyoke3

Trigger blade to finger pad pressure

Post by lyoke3 »

Recently I have noticed that I have quite a bit of pressure and tension on the pad of my trigger finger as it sits on the blade. I start to lose feeling on the pad of my finger and it feels inconsistent in terms of the amount of pressure that I am putting on the trigger. I'm able to reset my hand and relax the trigger finger but it seems to occur every six to eight shots. Although the good pressure is pretty consistent it feels like I am holding the air pistol with my trigger finger.

The current trigger blade looks like a little square that fits in the center of my trigger finger pad. My finger placement on the blade is pretty consistent.

I'm curious if anybody has any thoughts to what I am doing physically has the lack of feeling in the trigger finger is creating inconsistency.

Thanks!
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
m1963

Re: Trigger blade to finger pad pressure

Post by m1963 »

Before spending money on trigger blades or other similar changes, try adding weight to the pull. Is your air pistol trigger set at 500 grams? Most are not....they are set too light..(rarely are they set too heavy). (The problem described can occur with a trigger set too light. If so, adjust to 500 grams and shoot for a while.)
lyoke3

Post by lyoke3 »

Yes, it is just over 500. It holds the ISSF trigger check weight just fine.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

You might want to read this thread:

https://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.ph ... 6&#p314176

It's not exactly the same issue, but it might give you some ideas.
lyoke3

Post by lyoke3 »

Some really good information here thank you. My current trigger blade is a little wider and it is smooth metal except for a center line that holds the trigger check weight. A lack of feedback from the trigger to the finger nerves would make sense in this case. In my head it feels like it is high pressure but in reality it may be a lack of feeling. I do notice a slight delay in the execution of the shot, especially in matches. The hold is there but the trigger goes off a second later than when it should have.
m1963

Post by m1963 »

It sounds like a triggering issue.

Perhaps review this,.

https://www.ssusa.org/content/what-caus ... technique/

Also, as you know which shot is a problem break your cycle,...never shoot that shot in the series. Stop at 'X.' Do not ever trigger the shot that includes your hesitancy, or excess trigger pressure, or "dead finger." Reset and start again.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

This sometimes happens to me. I have been known to even confirm my FP is really cocked.
Do you still have the original blade to use?
lyoke3

Post by lyoke3 »

m1963 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:10 pm It sounds like a triggering issue.

Perhaps review this,.

https://www.ssusa.org/content/what-caus ... technique/

Also, as you know which shot is a problem break your cycle,...never shoot that shot in the series. Stop at 'X.' Do not ever trigger the shot that includes your hesitancy, or excess trigger pressure, or "dead finger." Reset and start again.
I will break out the books and take a look at my trigger finger angle. Working on the reset in the process and starting again with a fresh finger. Might add in some forced breaks as preventive maintenance.

I appreciate the thoughts.
lyoke3

Post by lyoke3 »

brent375hh wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:52 pm This sometimes happens to me. I have been known to even confirm my FP is really cocked.
Do you still have the original blade to use?
I do have the original blade. I thought about switching back to see if it made a difference. I find the Pardini blade a little thin so my finger was "looking" for the blade compared to a consistent placement.
brent375hh

Post by brent375hh »

You could put a very small dot of glue to have a tactile spot to index the pad of your finger on?
thirdwheel

Post by thirdwheel »

Think m1963 nailed it.
Will add, trust your pistol implicitly it is working fine, and if there is any tension drop and reset.
lyoke3

Post by lyoke3 »

Moved the trigger back slightly and it seemed to reduce some of the pressure. Still consistent and not awkward.