4H Sporter Air Rules CH2021 Challenger

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

kbean

4H Sporter Air Rules CH2021 Challenger

Post by kbean »

Has anyone had issue with a 4H competition disqualifying a 2021 challenger?
It had been my understanding that 4H Sporter Air rules aligned with CMP rules, which allow the CH2021.
Is this not a national standard for 4H?
Thanks!
GBaker

Re: 4H Sporter Air Rules CH2021 Challenger

Post by GBaker »

It depends on your state, but yes, I believe at the national level they follow the CMP rulebook. Unfortunately, from what I have seen, each state has some discretion in how and what rules they follow for their shooting sports program. What state are you in? They are legal here in South Dakota.
kbean

Post by kbean »

We are in Texas. I didn’t see anything in our state rules that exclude the 2021. We had a district level competition where the question was raised.

Honestly, our state’s Shooting Sports program may be different than most, I don’t really know. The only event we hold at the state level is 3P Smallbore Rifle. We also have State Games, but it isn’t a qualification based competition.
GBaker

Post by GBaker »

The rules that 4H follows for Nationals specifically allows the CH2021, and they follow the CMP rulebook, which also specifically allows the CH2021. You would have to verify that Texas follows the CMP rulebook, although I think the NRA Sporter rulebook also allows it. After that it would just be a question of which rulebook that district was following. Here is the link to the National synopsis which discusses the rules and links to the rulebook they follow.

https://uofnelincoln.sharepoint.com/sit ... =true&ga=1