LP300 Regulator Question

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
lyoke3

LP300 Regulator Question

Post by lyoke3 »

I am working on an LP300. I have a new aftermarket cylinder for it and everything looks to be in good shape externally. I am having an issue with pellet velocity. The old cylinder has a leak and doesn't hold air. The first shots out after putting on the new cylinder were 2 feet below the target. After 10-15 shots the velocity picked up and the gun was sighted in. Then the velocity dropped back down again. When you expel air there is a noticeable difference in sound between the good velocity and the poor velocity.

I assume this is a problem with the regulator based on my research but I wanted to see if anyone had a second opinion or if there was something I am missing. I'll send it to Pilkington but if there is a seal or fix I can do at home that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Lake
Last edited by lyoke3 on Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
New account - locked out of previous account "lyoke2"
brent375hh

Re: LP300 Regulator Issue

Post by brent375hh »

I have no experience with the Walther LP series.
I do have experience with regulators. It is simply a piston with a low pressure side and a high pressure side, spring loaded. The low pressure side is a bigger piston, the high.side is a small piston. The usual culprit is one of the o-rings on the piston, or foreign material on the inlet nozzle.

If the regulator can easily be detached, you can check the above. Some guns seem designed to discourage doing your own repairs. The LP300 regulator appears to be held on via 4 screws, and appears to be able to be disassembled. If you can rebuild a carburetor, you can probably tackle this too.
B Lafferty

Post by B Lafferty »

brent375hh wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:22 pm I have no experience with the Walther LP series.
I do have experience with regulators. It is simply a piston with a low pressure side and a high pressure side, spring loaded. The low pressure side is a bigger piston, the high.side is a small piston. The usual culprit is one of the o-rings on the piston, or foreign material on the inlet nozzle.

If the regulator can easily be detached, you can check the above. Some guns seem designed to discourage doing your own repairs. The LP300 regulator appears to be held on via 4 screws, and appears to be able to be disassembled. If you can rebuild a carburetor, you can probably tackle this too.
What's a carburetor my daughter would likely ask?
"No mud; no Lotus."-- Thich Nhat Hanh
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

B Lafferty wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:04 pm What's a carburetor my daughter would likely ask?
https://www.hagerty.com/media/people/girl-power-send-your-carburetor-to-rileys-rebuilds-the-teenage-tuners/

:)